Sunday, April 29, 2012

Author Interview with...Robert Shields!

Ok, so about the beginning of April I got this e-mail from an author named Robert Shields, whom had asked me to review his book Daphne and The Mysterious Secret Girls Bathroom. We were so excited, it was our first review request from an author. We had the pleasure of reading and reviewing this great book. We also had the honor of interviewing Robert Shields. So here it is, ENJOY!
1)If you had to describe yourself in just one word, what would it be and why?
A: Persistent, because it has been the only way that I have been able to accomplish things in my life.
2)What do you hope that readers take away with them after reading your book?
A: I hope they take away a sense of wonder to wonder if truly anything is possible that there is always another solution to a problem. I hope they also have a few laughs and by the end they are wanting more of what is going to happen with Daphne.
3)I find it interesting to know what authors find most productive… Do you use a pen and paper or laptop? Quiet room at home or bustling cafĂ©? Basically, what gets your creative juices flowing?
A: I always write with a laptop. I have for many years. I often have an idea in my head and it often occurs to me when I’m running. Then I start writing it. This sounds simple enough, yet we all know when you start putting pen to paper it never ends up as it played in your head the first time. Or at least that is the case for me. I’m ready for them to develop the device that just allows me to download it directly from my brain to paper. I have a gift or curse depending who is around me being able to write anywhere. The downside for me is that I always seem to need at least an hour to write. It takes me longer than I would like to get my mind where the book is taking place. Or in other words, it takes me a while to get inside my mind’s eye. Once there, I can write for a long time.
4)What is one wish that you hope will come true?
A: Ultimately, I guess to see everyone in Heaven. Back here on earth, continued good health for me and my loved ones because without it you have nothing.
5)If you weren’t a writer, what would be your ideal job?
A: I would like to be the behind the scenes political strategist for a major politician. I guess if you’re a Republican its Karl Rove if you’re a Democrat its David Plouffe.
6)If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you want with you?
A: I would take a zippo lighter, machete, and Cipro. If my needs are taken care of, I’m taking a laptop, Wi-Fi, and solar battery charger.
7)Is there a song you could list as the theme song for your book or any of your characters?
A: I love this question. I can think of several songs that fit certain characters and these would be their intro music. I think “Stronger” by Kelly Clarkson would be good for Daphne. I think “good feeling” by Flo Rida as a good song for Paige. I like “Popular” from Wicked for Vi. Lastly, “Toccata and Fugue in d minor” by Bach would fit Ruby Bridges.
8)What is your favorite Quote?
A: My mom once told me: “That it takes a lifetime to develop trust, but only one lie to wipe it out.” I don’t know if she was the first to say it, but she was the first person I heard say it.
If you need a famous quote, “Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re going to get.” Forrest Gump.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About The Author:
Robert Shields is a bestselling author and has been a syndicated sports writer in Arkansas for over a decade. He has written several books including: Scarlet Fever: A Razorback House Divided, The Economics of Sex, and What I Saw Today: Confessions of the Self Absorbed Observer. His latest novel Daphne and The Mysterious Girls Secret Bathroom Society is available on Kindle, the Barnes and Noble nook, Lulu, and the iBookstore for $4.99. All his books can be found at fruitbatbooks.com

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the interview. It was fun doing it. YOu do a great job with your site.

    Robert

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.