Tuesday, April 10, 2012

DAC Review: Embrace by Jessica Shirvington

Published: March 6th 2012
by: Sourcebooks Fire
Source: Library
Summary from Goodreads:
It starts with a whisper: “It’s time for you to know who you are…”
Violet Eden dreads her seventeenth birthday. After all, it’s hard to get too excited about the day that marks the anniversary of your mother’s death. As if that wasn’t enough, disturbing dreams haunt her sleep and leave her with very real injuries. There’s a dark tattoo weaving its way up her arms that wasn’t there before.
Violet is determined to get some answers, but nothing could have prepared her for the truth. The guy she thought she could fall in love with has been keeping his identity a secret: he’s only half-human—oh, and same goes for her.
A centuries-old battle between fallen angels and the protectors of humanity has chosen its new warrior. It’s a fight Violet doesn’t want, but she lives her life by two rules: don’t run and don’t quit. When angels seek vengeance and humans are the warriors, you could do a lot worse than betting on Violet Eden…
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm giving Embrace (The Violet Eden Chapters #1)by Jessica Shirvington 5 out of 5 feathers. This book captivated me. When I finished this book I was like "NO!I Need MORE!". This book made me cry, scream, and swoon. It completely destroyed my expectations that I had for this book.
The begging was slow for like the first 4 chapters then it really picked up speed and I was addicted. The letter that was on the back cover of the book really got my attention. The Cover was really different from the e-book version.It was a lot of purple (I love purple) and the wispy wings, awesome!
Violet:
I love her. She starts out as a lonely girl with only 2 close friends that has basically raised herself. She's also been hardened by events in her past and because of that she also has this mantra to never run away from anything but to face anything no matter what. I love her transformation into a strong, fierce, & confident woman. There is a point where she is depressed and I enjoyed these parts as well.You would expect her to be super religious, since she's part angel but NO! She doesn't believe in god or in religion and this makes her more complex & interested.
The Boys & Romance:
The romance is steamy. Violet is caught between two amazing guys;Lincoln and Phoenix. Lincoln has been her friend for a while,nice,protective,good, & they share an intense connection. In the scheme of things he seems like the right choice for her. Yet they can never be together. Even though he lied to her he didn't do it to hurt her & she eventually comes around. Phoenix on the other hand is hot, as well, hell. He & Violet are ELECTRIC. Every time there together there are sparks, literally. He is a magnet and oh so BAD! Violet gives him something that can only be given once. Yet in the end he leaves her & betrays her.
The battles were few but great. Every time I started reading it felt as if I was really there.The ending was sweet & it gave the first book closure. I am definitively looking forward to the next book!
Check out this lovely book trailer for Embrace:

8 comments:

  1. I just finished this one. If you liked Embrace, I think you'll like Shatter Me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been Dying to read Shatter ME but haven't gotten to t yet. Thanks 4 commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisseth,

    Thanks for following my blog. Great review! I've been meaning to read this for a WHILE. I definitely will now. Oh, btw... Torres is my mom's last name! So... my SECOND last name! We have something in common! =)

    Nancy
    Tumblingbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nancy! Thanks 4 commenting. That's so cool that your second last name is Torres too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a new follower from Book Blogs. I hope you'll stop by and follow back. I can not wait to read this book! It looks amazing.
    Thanks
    Jeannette
    www.walkingonbookshelves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this book too!! I am dying to read Embrace after what happened in Entice, I enjoyed Violet's character also. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D YAY super glad to hear you LOVED this book too Briana! I'm excited to read Entice too! Thanks for checking out the review many bloggy hugs!!!

      Delete
  7. Ah! Still one of my favorites. I love this series in a big way! Thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.