Monday, April 23, 2012

Review: Faery Tales & Nightmares by Melissa Marr

Published February 21st 2012
By: HarperCollins
Source: Library
Summary from Goodreads:
Dangerous promises and beguiling threats swirl together in a dozen stories of enchantments dark and light by New York Times bestselling author Melissa Marr. Uncanny and unexpected creatures appear from behind bushes, rise from beneath the seas, or manifest from seasonal storms to pursue the objects of their attention—with amorous or sinister intent—relentlessly.
From the gentle tones of a storyteller’s cadences to the terror of a blood sacrifice, tales of favorite characters from Marr’s Wicked Lovely novels mix with accounts of new characters for readers to fall in love with...or to fear.
Lush, seductive, and chilling, Melissa Marr’s stories revel in the unseen magic that infuses the world as we know it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Review:
I'm giving it a 5 out of 5 feathers. I really liked the Wicked Lovely Series and was happy that this book included some short stories from that world. Old habits and Stoping Time center around Leslie, Irial, and Niall. I had already these in e-book format & it just made me love these characters more. It such a twisted relationship and I love that!
The stories varied from faeries to selchies(seal people) to vampires! Some of these made me go "aww" and others made me go "Oh my god, that was so twisted". Some made my heart ache & I even cried in one of them (Yeah it was that good). All the non-wicked lovely stories were unique, original, and simply well-told. Really wish Melissa Marr would pick on these and make a whole novel out of them.
Loved Seth's short story too! Especially because we are finally introduced to his absent parents. I was so happy to see his too world come together. Also like how some of the results from Darkest Mercy were handled by Seth.
The ONLY story that I didn't like was the last one. Mainly because it involved Keenan and Donia. They're like my least favorite characters in the series so I wasn't to thrilled to read their story but I did enjoy it.
"A definite read for fans of the Wicked Lovely Series! It will leave you wanting MORE!"

2 comments:

  1. This sounds really good. The cover looks great! Appreciate the review :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.