Friday, April 13, 2012

Review: Marked by Kim Richardson

*Marked (Soul Guardians #1)
*By Kim Richardson
*Published March 18th 2011 by CreateSpace
Summary from goodreads.com:
Sixteen year-old Kara Nightingale’s ordinary life is suddenly turned upside-down when she dies in a freak accident, and she wakes up in a strange new world with a new career—as a rookie for the Guardian Angel Legion. Kara hurtles towards dangerous missions with the help of her Petty Officer and friend, David.
But when she discovers a Mark on her leg, the entire Legion accuses her of being a Demon spy. Angels are dying, and David begins to pull away from her. Can Kara prove her innocence as she becomes the Legion’s only hope?
It’s going to take a miracle to save the Legion, and Kara’s luck has just run out...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Karina is giving Marked 3/5. Her Review:
Marked is the kind of book that you would pick up,read it (to take your mind off lets say a history test)and then never pick up. Once you read it you won't want to read it again.If you honestly just want to distract your mind for a few hours it’s worth picking up.
It takes place in heaven, which is like the headquarters for the guardian angels. The guardian angels are given missions to save peoples lives & if they fail then they have to save the soul of the person who died. If they fail then against the dark angels then the dark angels get more powers & the soul is lost.
Kara seemed naive & I don't think she adapted to the whole guardian angel job. David seemed too cocky, didn't trust him,and because of his past relationships it feels like he's using Kara. I liked that Gabriel. He didn't like that David was reckless & got away with whatever he did.Gabriel was also sinister, evil & completely bad & he seduced me to his character.
It was interesting when everybody thought Kara was a traitor & marked with the sign of evil.This book is an easy read. The author uses very modern language and the plot is easy to follow. There are no huge twists, but there is drama. My favorite characters were the oracle and the monkeys. I don’t understand why the monkeys are even apart of the story but I suppose it fits in the whole fantasy theme. I don’t recommend this for anyone who wants a challenge or really wants to get into a book. This is just a light read.

3 comments:

  1. Hmm. I've had this ebook for awhile, but I haven't read it yet. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This doesn't really sound like my kind of thing, but I do love your review.
    I found you on Book Blogs and came to visit and follow. I really love your blog. Hope you'll stop by to see us. :)
    Maja @ The Nocturnal Library

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I ever decide to read this one, I will wait until I have a day that I am just bored and need something to do and all of my other books take too much thought to read!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.