Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Author Interview with...Desiree Finkbeiner

So today on the blog we have Desiree Finkbeiner, the author of Ethos, and were lucky enough to get to interview her! Stalk her here:
(Amazon/Goodreads/Twitter/Facebook/website)
------------------------------------------------------------
INTERVIEW:
1) If you had to describe yourself in just one word, what would it be and why?
Workaholic. I think the word speaks for itself LOL. I work too much.
2) Can you tell me a little bit about Ethos and what inspired it?
Multiple sources inspired the story, but in short, I knew I just needed to write. So I tried to think of a way that I could appeal to a wide market, while choosing genres and topics of popular interest, but did my best to put my own spin on it so it was unique in its own way. I tried to avoid clichés so my own voice would shine through the work.
It’s a story about integrity, duty, agency and self mastery. I wanted to write something that would teach a moral, inspired by an apparent lack in action by the people of today. People everywhere seem complacent, and the liberty of those same people is on the brink of destruction. My series is a call to action; to act or be acted upon. It’s about choice, the very thing that makes us superior beings… and the same element that can ultimately lead to destruction, if not exercised wisely.
3) What do you hope that readers take away with them after reading your book?
Every reader should find their own meaning in this book... at least I hope. I've tried to give the reader something to think about, and so far, I've really enjoyed hearing the different perspectives I'm hearing in the feedback. There are so many spiritual questions raised in the text, and some are more meaningful than others. Questions of morality, virtue, honesty, duty, tolerance, forgiveness, acceptance and sacrifice. There will be people who hate this book for the very reason others will love it. Different strokes for different folks.
4) I find it interesting to know what authors find most productive… Do you use a pen and paper or laptop? Quiet room at home or bustling café? Basically, what gets your creative juices flowing?
Laptop, in the silence at night when everyone else sleeps. I write in bed either late at night, or early in the morning when my head is the clearest and the distractions of life are on pause. I need peace to write clearly.
5) What is one wish that you hope will come true?
I hope to touch readers and inspire them to strive for greatness, to seek out their higher self and take control of their destiny... and to ignore the negative people out there trying to pull them down to lower levels. Being honest and standing for truth is unpopular in this world. I wish, to help make it more popular, at least within the hearts of those who 'get' what I'm trying to promote in this series.
6) If you weren’t a writer, what would be your ideal job?
I'm doing already :). Fist and foremost, I'm a mother and wife (best job in the world) and secondly, I'm an artist and author. There is no room for "IF" in my world. I'm a determined woman, and nothing will stop me from succeeding but myself.
7) If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you want with you?
My family, Food, and Shelter. Nothing else would matter if I couldn't survive.
8)Is there a song you could list as the theme song for your book or any of your characters?
Not one that's written. I'd want someone who read the book to create music of their own based on how it made them feel. I hear my own music in my head too, but don't have time to write it LOL.
9)What is your favorite Quote?
"Any man who will sacrifice liberty for security, deserves neither." Benjamin Franklin
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Book Blurb:(add on goodreads)
When a mysterious stranger interrupts Brianna's mundane routine, her eyes are opened to the dark underbelly of reality... immortal rogues, ancient conspiracies, prophetic revelations, savage tribes, mammoth dragonflies...
She's thrust into a race for her life when Kalen, a warrior from Ethos, discovers that she is harboring a secret... a secret that he'd give his life to protect.
There's just one little problem... they are tempted by a forbidden romance, which threatens to compromise a divinely appointed mission. They are faced with a choice... love eternal, or the end of the world...
Awesome Trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.