Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Blog Tour: SWIPE by Evan Angler!!

Published: May 8th 2012
By: Thomas Nelson
Source: Finished Copy from Publisher
Summary (add on Goodreads):
Logan Langley is just months away from his thirteenth birthday and the biggest day of his life- the day he will finally be Marked. The Mark lets people get jobs, vote, and even go out to eat or buy concert tickets.
Becoming Marked means becoming free. Or so he is told. Five years ago when Logan's sister went to get her Mark she never came back. Now Logan can't shake the feeling he's being watched...
And then he finds the wire.
My Review:
When I signed up to host this book, I wasn't expecting much. It was a middle grade kind of book and the premise sounded interesting.When I finished reading it (read it in 1 day!)...I was not prepared for this book at all. The first few chapters I was really not sure it was going to be a book I would like, the start was a tad bit slow &there were various POVs at the start, which was confusing.Don't worry it gets better!
The story:
After the initial chapters it all came together beautifully. The characters were all important & the perspectives helped in understanding the story and what each character was dealing with. The main characters are Logan and Erin. It all starts with her and her wanting to solve the case her father was assigned to.
They go on some wild spying, hacking, and dangerous adventures. Witch kept me on the edge of my seat! It kept me guessing who was the mysterious Peck and the Dust and their mission. There were some tough parts that made me literally cry. The twists with there theories as to the reason people went markless & then there being a spy in Logan's school, friends missing...made me eat those pages like pie.
The Characters:
Logan starts out as this paranoid 12 year old kid who at times feels like he's being watched. After certain events in the book we see that he gradually gains a back bone that defies , asserts and makes him stronger.Loved his character. Erin starts out as this really brave & fearless girl who has the mark & also loves to question but quickly we see that they both think differently. There friends, who would have been more if it wasn't for the mark. Due to their different views they end up on opposing sides.But they did have some sweet parts where they eat ice cream & they both didn't want to learn to care for the other. Their "romance" was subtle & perfect.
The ending was a shocker, really bittersweet. He makes his choice, he's betrayed, and I cried! This story was intense , an emotional ride filled with so much action, mystery and suspense, that it left me hungry for more. I can't wait for sneak to come out this fall!
There world...
The author creates a world I love compare to Scott westerfelds ugliest! I mean houses go up vertically instead of horizontally, only the rich do & the markless are like our homeless today . They have gadgets like wailing mitts that create music akin to a guitar or piano . They have rollerstick that are like hover boards just with handles,more like a floating scooter. They have tablets with holograms instead of a screen. I wished I lived there, it sounds so inviting. Loved the name of their town, Spokie!
There is SO much more that I liked about this book, that I'm not saying, but that's BECAUSE I WANT YOU TO READ IT!
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
5/5 Chicken feathers!You will not be disappointed.
About the Author:
Evan lives without the Mark, evading DOME and writing in the shadows of Beacon.
Swipe is his first book. But if anyone asks, you know nothing about it, and you didn't hear anything from him. Don't make eye contact if you see him. Don't call his name out loud. He's in enough trouble already.
And so are you , if you've read his book.
Find him on his website HERE. LIKE the facebook page HERE. Become a fan HERE. Follow on twitter HERE.
The AMAZING! Trailer:
Plus their's a giveaway! Head on over to YA Bound by simply clicking on the Banner & it will take you to the participating blogs. The ones with a * will be holding a giveaway!
Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a non-stop action kind of book, and I like that kind of book! I actually saw this at the library the other day, and it caught my eye. I am happy to be reading your review, and I think I might just bring this home with me, after I read your reviews of the other books and make sure it stays awesome, of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT SO IS A NON-STOP ACTION Book :D It SO does stay awesome throughout the series Jaime! Keep on reading them & thanks for checking out my review, MUCH <33!

      Delete
  2. This was one I won last year but still haven't read it. Your review reminded me of it. Great review! I think I may have to dig up the book and read it soon now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.

The FTC requires me to say:

All reviews on this website are unbiased and reviewers are in no way compensated for their reviews by the author, publisher, or any other agencies. While some reviews may be based on receipt of copies or ARC copies of an authors work, a fair and impartial review is always given by this reviewer. Most of my reviews, however, are based upon books that are purchased after publication date :)

Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected  M83P-YH5R-01S5-BMCO