Thursday, May 24, 2012

Review: Divergent by Veronica Roth

Publication Date: May 3rd 2011
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books/ HarperCollins Children's Books
Pages: 487
source: library
Summary from Goodreads (here):
Beatrice "Tris" Prior has reached the fateful age of sixteen, the stage at which teenagers in Veronica Roth's dystopian Chicago must select which of five factions to join for life. Each faction represents a virtue: Candor, Abnegation, Dauntless, Amity, and Erudite. To the surprise of herself and her selfless Abnegation family, she chooses Dauntless, the path of courage.
Her choice exposes her to the demanding, violent initiation rites of this group, but it also threatens to expose a personal secret that could place in mortal danger. Veronica Roth's young adult Divergent trilogy launches with a captivating adventure about love and loyalty playing out under most extreme circumstances.

MY THOUGHTS:

I know that there have been numerous of reviews for Divergent. So I will only point out the parts that i liked about the book. Plus i LOVED the story & I read it a while after I read the hunger games trilogy, way back last summer.
1. I loved all the characters and how veronica Roth developed each one. Al's story & death made me emotional. I really felt for him. Will & Christina's relationship. Tris & Four. I even liked Erik for his evil-ness.
2. The Factions. I loved that each faction had different tasks or responsibilities in their society that they contributed. Especially loved Dauntless. They were Crazy, outrageous, and dangerous. I would do them if I could. (psst. have a bit of a wild side)
3. The Conflict & deaths. The euridite attack was ferocious. Veronica Roth did good in choosing them as the attackers, since they were the thinker's & plotters. They could manipulate. This ultimately lead to the subsequent deaths!NO. Yes the deaths scenes were emotional & well crafted. I hated to see some of the characters go.
4. The ending. It was sad,shocking, and left me wanting more! The twists. There were so many I was never bored. It felt like two books in one. Or at least that there two endings. I would have though it ended when she made it into Dauntless & was with Four. BUT NO! I kept going & then the conflict arises & in comes trouble. Four was brain-washed. Tris is left to fight & then leads counter-attack. Save's an enemy, helps Four and loses way too much. last scene is her, tobias, and the remaining survivors
Of course their is a tone more that make this book AWESOME, but I want you have to read it!

THE AWESOME TRAILER:

6 comments:

  1. OMG IKR. Al's death just shocked me. I could NOT believe it! AND YES. THE ENDING. ASKDNKW:ENV:PIHG. No wonder Insurgent sold out in Sugar Land!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yes. :) This was a just-because comment! ITS AN AWESOME BOOK

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually just picked up this book the other day! Thank you so much for sharing this review. It just makes me want to get to this book even more (:! I heard it has a really good love story also! I am looking forward to falling into the spell that is Divergent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I read it after Hunger Games as well. I liked it much better, the factions were a great idea. I cannot wait for book three!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off you should warn that they're spoilers because if I hadn't already read the book this would've spoiled the ending for me. I too love this series and the factions are captivating in their workings and actions. Can't wait for the final book later this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't expect that she would lose both of her parents in the same Book !

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.