Friday, July 13, 2012

[ARC Review] Every Day by David Levithan

Pub date: August 28th 2012
By: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Pages: 304
Source: Publisher via Netgalley
Every day a different body. Every day a different life. Every day in love with the same girl.
Every morning, A wakes in a different person’s body, a different person’s life. There’s never any warning about where it will be or who it will be. A has made peace with that, even established guidelines by which to live: Never get too attached. Avoid being noticed. Do not interfere.
It’s all fine until the morning that A wakes up in the body of Justin and meets Justin’s girlfriend, Rhiannon. From that moment, the rules by which A has been living no longer apply. Because finally A has found someone he wants to be with—day in, day out, day after day.
With his new novel, David Levithan has pushed himself to new creative heights. He has written a captivating story that will fascinate readers as they begin to comprehend the complexities of life and love in A’s world, as A and Rhiannon seek to discover if you can truly love someone who is destined to change every day.
My Review:
There are no words to describe this book.I am SO glad I got to read this book becuse it is by far the most touching book I have ever read. I have not read any other books by David Levithan but everybody really should, they are beautiful!
It's Creepy yet oddly refreshing. But this book blew my mind away!
I was enthralled by the concept of a new body everyday.
That A, our main character is never really clarified as boy or girl there is just a SELF a person with no gender or body. BUT it really didn't matter at all believe me at times A WAS a girl and that never bothered me.
A was a HUGE variety of people and with each of those we get a new perspective of those types of people. I really cried and felt connections to some of these stories. You just cant place an emotion for how raw this book makes you feel. A also grows into himself as the book went on, bordering on fierce at times.
I loved that the romance in this book. It was a challenge for both the main characters. I really loved there relationship was based on possibilities. There were ups and downs but it worked. Every conversation was special and meaningful. Every thing was like poetry & it really felt like pure love.
There are perfectly timed twists that left me like, "what just happened?" I Loved those twists because It kept the book moving & they strengthened A into a person that could understand, live, and ultimately sacrifice.
The ending. The ending was SO bittersweet. A has to give up something to gain another. Then he does something so SHOCKING that I was like, "OMG!"
It ends but not really, I mean there is place left for the book to continue but at the same time it closes one chapter in A's life that I wish had NEVER closed. I was tearing uncontrollably by the final sentence. Let's just say it ended achingly beautifully liberating for A.
This book in the end is about how we have to appreciate life & every day that we live because there is no back button & our future is uncertain and riddled with possibilities. It's a book that invokes such intense emotions that it leaves you raw. It gives you a new perspective on life.
Overall I LOVED this book it was OUT OF THIS WORLD good. I can't tell you all the juicy details but take it from me, this book will ROCK YOUR SOCKS off! Giving it my EPIC 5/5 feathers!
   
Totally AMAZING EPIC! The chicken is going to PECK OUT YOUR eyes if you DON'T READ THIS!
A bit about the Author:
David Levithan (born 1972) is an American children's book editor and award-winning author. He published his first YA book, Boy Meets Boy, in 2003. Levithan is also the founding editor of PUSH, a Young Adult imprint of Scholastic Press.
Website / Goodreads

Video:
While reading this book (1 day & night) I listened to some Adele and Florence & the machine.You have to hear soulful music with this book. While there I stumbled on this song that I feel captures the essence & meaning of the book. Enjoy! Pay attention to the lyrics. ;)
It is perfect in my opinion plus it moves you & makes you feel something wild, uncontrollable, and beautiful just like this awesome book!
Thanks for stopping by! =)

1 comment:

  1. I hate even saying this now because so many people give me a look because of it. But I didn't enjoy this one. I feel like a serious outcast because of that, but It is what it is, I suppose. Although I really wish that I could have loved it as much as so many others have.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.