Monday, June 4, 2012

Armchair BEA: [DAY 1] Interview of... Myself!

BEA. Every blogger has heard of this event in any & all ways. It's everywhere. I knew about it last year but was too late to register. So I decided to join Armchair BEA. It's BEA at home. So the first thing that anyone involved is doing are interviews. But unlike past years it's an interview of yourself! So today I had the pleasure of interviewing myself!
(Sorry for the huge pic of my face, but It's the only one with my Struck necklace by Jennifer Bosworth.)
1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
A: Well I'm 18. I love to draw & of course, read! I have been blogging for around 5 months. I got into blogging because I always talked to my friends & sister about the books that I read. They don't read obsessively as I do, so I decided to give them a break & post them on the web.
2. What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?
A: I have too many favorite reads from just this year, so I can't really pick just one. Right now I am currently reading Arise by Tara Hudson. Loved it so far. ;)
1.6
3. Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.
(My skateboard)
A: I act fearless. I take chances and try new things. I even tried to skateboard when I was 15. Yeah, let's just say I have no future as a pro-skater. I also live with my family that follow the rules of my religion very strictly. So reading for them is not a good thing, but I tell them it's better than doing drugs, like most teens. Because of that it's also kinda shocking that I love rock music or any kind of music since I'm not supposed to. =P
4. Where do you see your blog in five years?
A: I see my blog continuing to grow in followers, giveaways, and reviews. I found another passion, besides books, that I really enjoy doing which is blogging. Also to become a place that readers will look at for advice on what to read next.
5. What is your favorite feature on your blog (i.e. author interviews, memes, something specific to your blog)?
A: I really enjoy doing Book Haul's/ Stacking the Shelves because it allows me to see what I need to read next & helps me get organized. Plus I love to see the comments everybody leaves & of course, their links to their IMM's/ Book Hauls/ whatever they call it.
Hopefully you enjoyed it as much as I did.Thanks for stopping by! =)

20 comments:

  1. It's good to hear that you act fearlessly. I think it's important to try new things whenever possible in order to grow. Love your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the FEARLESS! I think that is the most important thing to keep in your back pocket. Love the necklace!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you take chances and try new things - I would definitely say that's one of my best traits too (although I don't get too crazy with it :-)

    Tanya
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awesome that you try other things! Religion and all is important, but there are so many ways to live life and stay within the religious boundaries. ;)

    I can't wait to get around to reading Arise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I definitely don't act fearless, that's for sure! My friends always have to push me to do something lol. I read Arise and it was pretty good. :D and your layout is so Mich prettier than mine!!! I never figured out how to do that O.O I have yo pretty mine up later now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you for doing what you love and not allowing other's opinions get to you. Hope you enjoy the week and the years ahead of you as a blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If only I could be as fearless as you :) I think it's lovely that despite what your parents think, you're doing what you want to do! Very admirable :)

    Happy reading!
    -Kirthi
    http://the1bookblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/armchair-bea-interview.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. A little jealous you are reading Arise I cannot wait to read it!! Welcome to BEA

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/06/armchair-bea-about-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your skateboard :D

    Hope you have a great time with Armchair BEA!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiya! It's awesome that you draw! I do a bit of that myself :) I tried skateboarding as well when I was like 15.. but I failed pretty miserably :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi There!

    Take lots of chances with the books you read: you will find some amazing titles out there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I was always WAY too scared to try skateboarding! Even rollerblades were terrifying to me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha, i've tried skateboarding and it was hilarious! Never again! :]
    Nice to meet you!! Have fun this week!
    Here's my post: http://little-red-reads.blogspot.com/2012/06/armchair-bea-introductions.html

    xoStephanie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sure, you've tried skateboarding, but have you tried reading and skateboarding at the same time? ;) Good for you for following your passions and it's lovely to meet you. Have fun with Armchair BEA!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eeee! Nice to meet you!! I sooo can't wait to read Arise and am majorly jealous that you are already reading it!! Ahhh!

    I love that you're fearless and have the argument of books with your family :-)

    Great post. Love it. xD

    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  16. Reading is definitely better than doing drugs, that's for sure! I'm glad you stick by it and your passion for it even though it's sometimes looked down upon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Hereafter series is on my (ever-expanding)TBR list. I love that you act fearlessly, but it's a good fearless.

    It was nice "meeting" you & I hope you have a great BEA-filled week!

    ~Christina (and the other Book Hookup Litbrarians)
    The Book Hookup's BEA Intro

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't read the Hereafter series, but it is on my TBR pile! :) Skateboarding, I went through that phase too in high-school. I sucked badly, sprained my wrist while trying to skate down a half-pipe. Safe to say, I never gained enough courage to try again!

    BTW, I just noticed my Christmas in July hop button up! Thank you so much, that is fabulous *tears up*

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, I noticed that you have an independent spirit which is a good thing. Reading is so great and a lot of people just don't get it. Some of them will give you the same reaction as a drunk when you tell him he/she doesn't need another drink. They ignore or tend not to hear you.

    At any rate, I am following your blog now thanks to Bea. What a great way to meet new bloggers and see what they are reading and doing on their collective lives.

    See ya around!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello, have fun at the Armchair BEA. I'm not much of a skateboarder either, I tried that and even snowboarding.
    And at "try" I stayed, LOL.

    http://www.ManOfLaBook.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.