Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Blog Tour Con't: Bayou Myth Interview with...Mary Ann Loesch

Photobucket
Okay, so due to my confusion to check my blog stops, I didn't get my interview with Mary Ann loesch until later in the day, AFTER I had posted my review & Excerpt. But I did get it and am Happy to say that her book is AWESOME. Read my review from yesterday, HERE! So let's get started!
1) If you had to describe yourself in just one word, what would it be and why?
A: Eclectic. I have a variety of tastes and love to try new things.


2) Can you tell me a what inspired it Bayou Myth?
A: Bayou Myth was inspired by a short story I wrote about Joan called Bayou Scars. In the story, she is an adult but I liked her character so much that I started to play around with her back story. You can find the original story in the horror anthology, All Things Dark and Dastardly. The second book in this series is also called Bayou Scar.
3) I find it interesting to know what authors find most productive… Do you use a pen and paper or laptop? Quiet room at home or bustling cafĂ©? Basically, what gets your creative juices flowing?
A: Early morning is when I'm the most productive! I'm a teacher and the best writing time I get is around four am. I'm a lap top kinda girl, too. In the summer, I spend long afternoons writing which is why I'm so glad it's June and school is out!
4) What is one wish that you hope will come true?
A: That Justin Timberlake will call me and invite me to share dirty martinis with him.
5) If you weren’t a writer, what would be your ideal job?
A: I'm so lucky to be in my ideal job. Believe it or not, I teach elementary theatre arts. That means I work with very young kids through 5th grade teaching them the art and fun of theatre. Pretty cool stuff!
6) If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you want with you?
A: My Kindle, my ipod, and some serious sunscreen.
7)Is there a song you could list as the theme song for your book or any of your characters?
A: Joan loves Adele. Every song seems to suit some mood of hers. That will be especially important in the next book, Bayou Scar.
8)What is your favorite Quote?
A: "A true friend stabs you in the front!"--attributed to Oscar Wilde
About the author:
Mary Ann Loesch is the author of Nephilim, an urban fantasy published by Lyrical Press Inc, and Bayou Myth, a young adult horror novel. Her short stories have been published on line with various magazines and in the anthology All Things Dark and Dastardly. All three books can be purchased at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Smashwords in both paperback and ebook form. An avid reader, Mary Ann finds herself a fan of many genres, including urban fantasy, mystery, horror, and even a bit of literary fiction.
Follow Mary Ann's random thoughts at Twitter and Facebook, or check her weekly blog, Loesch's Muse, for insights on life, writing, and dirty martinis.(website/Goodreads)
Video:
Yes, I had to put the Adele song that was mentioned in the book. Bedsides, I LOVE ADELE too!
Thank You for stopping by! Super Enjoyed this Interview!! lol. =)

1 comment:

  1. Many thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I really feel strongly about it and love learning much more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with a lot more facts? It’s extremely helpful for All

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.