Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Blog Tour: Dreaming Dangerously by Kathleen Suzette Harsch

Published: September 10th 2011
By: Createspace
Summary (add on Goodreads):
What if you could HEAR thoughts?
Thanks to her ability to mind-drop, Cassie can hear the thoughts of everyone around her. But sometimes her telepathy is more of a curse than a psychic gift, especially when it comes to Will Rossi.
Reason #1: He pushes his thoughts at her, whether she wants to hear them or not.
Reason #2: His sexy, vindictive ex-girlfriend.
Reason #3: His dimples are absolutely, 100% distracting.
To her surprise, Cassie feels drawn to Will's electromagnetic vibes. Yet, as she falls for him, she discovers their relationship has some serious side effects. She begins to have dreams about the future - dreams that come true in horrifying ways. Cassie needs to learn to trust Will, or she won't be able to prevent the tragedy she sees coming.
A bit about the author:
I published my first book at four-years-old, drawings and creatively-spelled words crayoned on stapled typing paper. I've never known a time when I haven't written. In elementary school, I wrote stories about dogs and horses and birds who saved lives. My high school boyfriend's nickname for me was Emily Dickinson because I wrote a plethora of poetry then. Now, I'm a wife, a mother of two beautiful children, Erin and Danny, a middle school teacher, and an INDIE writer with two books published. I write every single day because I think true madness would possess me if I didn't. Writing, for me, is like breathing.
Add her on goodreads/ follow her blog
Excerpt:
Dream #1
(I don’t remember this one.)
I wake up overpowered by blackness, so absolute, it presses against my skin. Where am I? Where is this place? My heart is racing, and I can’t seem to catch my breath. A chill slips across my skin, making the hairs rise up on my arms. I shiver.
Gathering my soft comforter around me like a shield against whatever dream-monster my mind just conjured, I mind-scan for my parents. They’re asleep in their room across the house. Dad is snoring, and my mother turns over, annoyed to be awoken by him. More settled, I breathe deeply. My eyes adjust to the dimness, and I can finally make out the darker shapes in the room. Moving boxes. Lots of them.
I recognize where I am now. In my bed. In my new room. I’m safe. Everyone is safe. I dreamed something my waking mind has thankfully forgotten. Something disturbing, but I’m okay now. It was just a dream.
Subjects in Dreaming Dangerously:
Telepathy, psychic abilities, nanotechnology, Telekinesis, imprisonment, parental pressures, some typical teenage life, death of parents.
There are some intense subjects that are being touched upon this book, that i think need to be looked into more, when you read it! Okay this plus the excerpt make this book sound really good! I mean I want to know what happens next.
Book Trailer:
Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Lisseth, for being hosting my book of your blog for the Dreaming Dangerously tour! I love the excerpt you chose! Thanks also for including the book trailer! Some to the issues brought up in book one are more closely examined in book two, Darkness Descends, which is now available on Kindle, too.
    Kathie Harsch

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really made me want to read this book, with the trailer I got more of an idea of what the book was about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That book trailer looks so great! BTW I was on the tour too, and I'm now following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I think I am sold. This is a new book to me and I will definitely be checking it out. Thank you for sharing with us today. I really enjoy the whole mind reading and often wonder as interesting as it would be, would we really want such an ability :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now i really want to read this book, sounds very interesting. Great write up, convinces me:) I also am following you now as well. :) This is my blog if you fell like stopping by Concise Book Reviews By Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.