Thursday, June 28, 2012

Book Playlist Thursday #1

Today since I had no other meme or review to post to do I decided to make one, like Nikki oh so helpfully said. So I decided to make a BOOK PLAYLIST Thursday, since I LOVE hearing music while reading my books.
So what are the rules?
*Pick ONE book you have recently read
*pick out @ least 5 songs that match or go along with the chosen book
*put video's in post,if there is no official video put lyric videos
*& put a synopsis of the book. That's it!
My pick: One Moment!
"This was supposed to be the best summer of Maggie's life. Now it's the one she'd do anything to forget."
Maggie remembers hanging out at the gorge with her closest friends after a blowout party. She remembers climbing the trail with her perfect boyfriend, Joey. She remembers that last kiss, soft, lingering, and meant to reassure her. So why can't she remember what happened in the moment before they were supposed to dive? Why was she left cowering at the top of the cliff, while Joey floated in the water below-dead?
As Maggie's memories return in snatches, nothing seems to make sense. Why was Joey acting so strangely at the party? Where did he go after taking her home? And if Joey was keeping these secrets, what else was he hiding?
The latest novel from the author of "The Tension of Opposites," "One Moment" is a mysterious, searing look at how an instant can change everything you believe about the world around you.
My top 5 tracks:
These are songs that i listened to while I was reading One Moment.
1) The first one i was hearing while reading the scene where Joey dies. The lyrics really made me cry, especially with all the confusion in Maggie's head. (Ambulance by Eisley)
2) This second one I liked because there were many secrets that Joey kept hidden & Maggie had to deal with. While at the same time she was dealing with the grief of losing him. (I never told you by Colbie Caillat)
3) This third one, I heard while Maggie was slowly getting out of the ashes of Joey's secrets & death. I needed some rock. Love the lyrics. (Help I'm Alive by Metric)
4) This fourth one, makes me smile every time I hear it. It makes me remember of Maggie & Joey's first date in the meadow during a meteor shower. It makes me feel oddly at piece. Just like Maggie at the end, when she had to do some hard things to finally let Joey go & continue with her life. (Yellow by Coldplay)
5) The last one, I picked because it describes Adam & Maggie's twisted, bruised, and oddly needed relationship. They both had to go through some hard things. Yet they both found & made piece with those issues & this song by adele is perfect to sum up how they both felt for each other. (Lovesong by Adele)
If you stayed till the end and heard the songs YOU are AWESOME! AND If you liked this idea of making playlists for books you have read, then comment! I Love reading your comments! =)
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.