Monday, July 2, 2012

Review: Prom & Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg

Published: January 1st 2011
By: Scholastic Inc
Source: Library
Pages: 231
Synopsis: (Goodreads/Amazon)
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single girl of high standing at Longbourn Academy must be in want of a prom date.
After winter break, the girls at the very prestigious Longbourn Academy become obsessed with the prom. Lizzie Bennet, who attends Longbourn on a scholarship, isn't interested in designer dresses and expensive shoes, but her best friend, Jane, might be - especially now that Charles Bingley is back from a semester in London.
Lizzie is happy about her friend's burgeoning romance but less than impressed by Charles's friend, Will Darcy, who's snobby and pretentious. Darcy doesn't seem to like Lizzie either, but she assumes it's because her family doesn't have money. Clearly, Will Darcy is a pompous jerk - so why does Lizzie find herself drawn to him anyway?
My (Lisseth's) Review:
I read this book last summer in ONE day. It's a fun and easy read.
This is a story based on Jane Austin's pride and prejudice but a lose one. All the characters have almost the same names and attitudes but the story is completely different since it is set in modern times.
The story takes place in a boarding school instead of a manor. It also centers around prom instead of marage. Whitch I found super interesting. I also had not read pride and prejudice but I did right after and the story is somewhat the same.
The characters were all each uniquely there own. Lizzie is one of those characters you just like along with Jane & Charles. Lizzie also plays piano & that is a crucial connection to Will. Will Darcy you hate at the begging but as we go through the book we find out that he has a heart & isn't what he appeared to be.
The romance I LOVED! Lizzie & Will went though a well paced process of getting to know each other, no insta-love here, and I loved that. Plus they actually shared various things in common, especially the piano. The best surprise in the book involves it ;)
There are really sweet moments that made me go "aww" & then there are moments were I am literally jumping out of my seat trying to reading as fast as I can to see what's going to happen next. There are some HUGE shockers in the book that I really liked & DID manage to make me gasp.
The ending was really well constructed. It was a "WoW" kinda moment, I really wasn't expecting the book to end the way it did, but it did and it worked PERFECTLY!
           
Totally AMAZING! The chicken is going to Peck this one OUT! A MUST READ for Summer!
Book Trailer:
Thanks for stopping by! =) have you read this book?

4 comments:

  1. Hey Lisseth! I've awarded you the FABULOUS BLOG RIBBON here: http://bookhavenextraordinaire.blogspot.com/2012/07/im-so-fabulous-i-got-award.html
    Congrats and keep up the fab bloggin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Elizabeth Eulberg, but I haven't picked up this book yet. I don't know why b/c it sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'm glad that you enjoyed it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Web Design MississaugaOur staff is highly experienced and skilled in their work. They use latest technologies and methods to build up various dynamic websites.Mississauga Web Design

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not yet read Pride & Prejudice but it is on my to do list. The good thing about books like this one? They are a good stepping stone to P & P. So cute and fun, that it makes me want to bring home P & P home and get started immediately. And I love that the relationship blossoms at a normal pace, instead of "at first sight". Nice change of pace, I have to say!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.