Sunday, July 15, 2012

Review: Timeless (Timeless #1) by Alexandra Monir

Published: January 11th 2011
By: Random House Children's Books
Pages: 304 pages
Source: Library
Summary (Goodreads/ Amazon)
When tragedy strikes Michele Windsor’s world, she is forced to uproot her life and move across the country to New York City, to live with the wealthy, aristocratic grandparents she’s never met. In their old Fifth Avenue mansion filled with a century’s worth of family secrets, Michele discovers a diary that hurtles her back in time to the year 1910.
There, in the midst of the glamorous Gilded Age, Michele meets the young man with striking blue eyes who has haunted her dreams all her life – a man she always wished was real, but never imagined could actually exist. And she finds herself falling for him, into an otherworldly, time-crossed romance.
Michele is soon leading a double life, struggling to balance her contemporary high school world with her escapes into the past. But when she stumbles upon a terrible discovery, she is propelled on a race through history to save the boy she loves – a quest that will determine the fate of both of their lives.

My (Lisseth's) Thoughts:

"This book was new, invigorating, sweet, and an AMAZING read."
This was a random pick at my library, I saw the cover & was like "pretty". So, I took it home & then read the synopsis I Was SUPER excited to read this book. It had an impossible love, TIME TRAVEL, and deals with high society in New York present & past.
The Travel.
There are some complicated parts between the time travels but what I LIKED was that it DIDN'T CONFUSE ME! Alexandra Monir has really mastered the art of complexity. She created a past New York that I could imagine & WISHED i lived in. There were twists & turns with every travel. You got to see famous people & events from that period of time in history. Also the key on the cover is special. How? READ THE BOOK! ;)
The Story.
Is really interesting. Every time Michelle goes back in time she causes something to happen in the future. Things that are NEEDED to occur because she was there. The story flowed & there was DRAMA on BOTH ends of this story. There are clues that she finds in her present that lead to a certain heart breaking conclusion.
The Romance.
I LOVED the romance in this book. Michelle & Phillip had EVERY REASON NOT to fall in love BUT they did. They were so sweet & every day together made them stronger. PLUS he's in danger & something happens to him & he's gone...DEAD? LEFT? RUN AWAY? READ THE BOOK?
The ENDING!!!!
OH GOD! That ending KILLED ME! There were some BIG shocks & EVEN BIGGER SHOCKS on the LAST Page! I mean I was flipped to the next page & it was blank & was like "NO!!! What Happens!" (At the time I didn't know there would be a sequel, so i was in despair XP)
This it the PERFECT tale of forbidden love, time travel, sacrifices, and YES, adventure. A MUST READ! PLUS there are original songs from the author that I really LIKED! CAN NOT WAIT for the next book to come out!
   

Book Trailer:

What did u think about this book? We <3 Comments!

4 comments:

  1. Great review! I have been eyeing this book for a while but haven't gotten it yet. I will pick it up really soon!

    Lisa @ Shatterbooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also really loved this book. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WASNT IT JUST THE MOST EPIC BOOK IN THE HISTORY OF EPICNESS?
    And IKR? It wasn't confusing like my brain can't handle. Phew! And yes. The ending *dies*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been looking forward to this one for a long time. NOW I really want it! It sounds so very good. And the cover truly is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.