Tuesday, August 28, 2012

ARC Review: Heaven (Halo #3) by Alexandra Adornetto

Published: August 21st 2012
By: Feiwel & Friends
Pages: 417
Source: Around the world ARC tours
Summary: [Goodreads/Amazon]
Only sixteen when she started the series, Ally Adornetto knows how teen hearts beat, and this long-awaited conclusion is certain to be her most popular book yet.
Bethany, an angel sent to Earth, and her mortal boyfriend, Xavier, have been to Hell and back. But now their love will be put to its highest test yet, as they defy Heavenly law and marry. They don’t tell Beth’s archangel siblings, Gabriel and Ivy, but the angels know soon enough, and punishment comes in a terrifying form: the Sevens, who are rogue angels bent on keeping Beth and Xavier apart, destroying Gabriel and Ivy, and darkening angelic power in the heavens.
The only way Bethany and can elude the Sevens is to hide in the open, and blend in with other mortals their own age. Gabriel and Ivy set them up at college, where they can’t reveal their relationship, and where there is still danger around each corner. Will Bethany be called back to Heaven – forever – and face leaving the love of her life?
My Thought's (Lisseth):
I have read both Halo and Hades. I LOVED Halo and was felt Hades was okay. SO when I started this book I wasn't sure how I felt about the series. It has it's ups and down's BUT i really did LOVE Heaven. In my opinion it was a GREAT way to end this series.
The begging really set the mood for the book and i liked that Alexandra started it with the marring, YES MARRIAGE! I mean it makes sense, a bit rushed but in a sense right. So married they have to fight to stay together. As soon as they say "I DO" all hell breaks lose. This sets in motion a LOT of running away and hiding scenes, and yes DEATHS.
I actually liked that they got married because now they seem like a real force to be reckoned with. I liked when they called each other "husband" or "wife" it felt sweet just watching them get comfy in there new roles. They do DO IT & it felt special and right for them. Plus they share some cute & intimate scenes, like baby names =D
Along the way they make some cooky plans like going to college. Fake normalcy. Which brings in frat parties, sneaking around, classes and yes a battle with the sevens & a near miss & a complication. Like POSSESSION!!
Gabriel & Molly. AWWWW! I really liked them in this book. Molly is messed up, broken and in a disastrous relationship to a fanatic christian,if you could call Wade that. Then In comes Gabe who's already weak from a possession trade off with Lucifer. (read the book!) SO now he can FEEL, and does some human mistakes like...=P Can't spoil it, BUT i liked that they got closer and WANT them to be together but i know they can't be =(
The ending was bittersweet. I was Shocked at some BIG REVELATIONS that are made. Then they all head back to home and never dealt with psycho Wade (what ever happened to him =/). They go back to their old lives kind of. Then OMG Beth sacrifices herself for Xavier's family & goes to Heaven. I liked that we meet Emily their, Xavier's ex and get a feel of heaven in Beth's world.
Those last chapters Beth makes a tough yet RIGHT choice and finds a way back to earth BUT it costs her. 2 YEARS, 2 DANG YEARS, she was away. I felt bad that she missed SO MUCH time, but in the end she was home, she had a family and she has a place where she belonged.
Contrary to many, I LOVED this concluding book. It felt like the right way to end and it left some holes but for the most part it finished off good. Beth and Xavier were together and can finally live in Peace. And i felt okay with it. BUT the things they had to go through to get to that point made it an AWESOME book! So i give it 5/5 GOLDEN FEATHERS!!! [I probably blabbed way too much]
  
Book-Song Match UP!
So while reading i stumbled upon this song & it just clicked with the book. Its sad yet peaceful and it has a definite sound to it. ENJOY! =D
This is another song I just HAD to include! I love A fine frenzy's sound it makes it ethereal PLUS this SONG had lyrics that match Beth & Xavior's Love. =D
What did u think? have u read the series? Good/Bad? Comment and u can win a book!

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read this series yet, I have been debating but, I have read soooo many angel books but, now that they whole series is out I might just check them out!

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  2. I STILL bneed to read this! :D Awesome review btw Lizzy! And REVELATIONS? Like what?! and dude...you totally spoiled the ending for me lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree 100% with your review, I read it once in the library and really need to own it. I adored this book and I agree she ended it perfectly. I just loved the part were Lucifer possesses Xavier. It just added the perfect twist and reminded us that even though Heaven was sending blood hounds after them to not count Hell out. I've read three reviews for this book now and your the first one to actually enjoy it instead of talking about the negatives, so thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WEEEEWWWWW! I went out a couple of months ago and I bought the whole series. I have been seeing a lot of mixed reviews about this series which has kept me from picking them up right away to read. I think your review has helped settle this war I had over starting this series. Thank you for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely loved this series! I read Halo and fell in love and got the second and third right as they came out! I am in love with angels. I love stories with angels falling in love with humans. So this book was right up my alley! I actually feel like you Halo was so good! Hades was just okay... I thought the third was okay I wasn't really sure about the ending but I thought it was interesting how she wrote the ending! It was definitely something I didn't see coming! So glad to see other people who are fans of this book!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.