Thursday, August 30, 2012

ARC Review: The Innocents by Lili Peloquin

PUB DATE: October 16th 2012
By: Razorbill
Pages: 288
Source: Around the World ARC Tours
Summary: [Goodreads/Amazon]
Nothing ever came between sisters Alice and Charlie.
Friends didn't.
Boys couldn't.
Their family falling apart never would.
Until they got to Serenity Point.
"The Innocents" is the first in a new series of young adult novels that weave a saga of nail-biting drama, breathless romance, and gothic mystery.
My Thought's (Lisseth):
First of all, the Innocents has an awesome and different cover than what I see in YA books, & I LOVE IT! From the summary on goodreads I could NOT tell what this book would be about and was hesitant to read it BUT the ARC copy has a WHOLE page of the summary, which explains the book really good. SO I was expecting a breathless read ;D
It was hard to get into the book at first, because you think the characters will be Snobby,rich, kids with no rules and can get on your nerves. That's what I thought at first...
Then once their in their new lives, I liked the Mystery that surrounded the deaths of Richard's (Alice & Charlie's step-dad) wife and daughter. Their were clues all around and ALICE whom is the shy introvert of the sisters; is the one to snoop & try to solve this mystery.
Charlie on the other had is very bold, confident and makes friends easily. Which causes them to drift apart. It was interesting to see the them come apart because each HAD their own SECRETS and problems. PLUS they both are on opposing sides to the mystery of their dead stepfathers family.
I REALLY liked how this book disstorts your perception of the characters. It makes you believe their one thing BUT their much more. There were a few characters in specific that you believe to be partying rich kids BUT once you read more of the book you get to see them in a different light. Which i LOVED finding another side to them because it explains SO MUCH of their behavior.
Their are some creepy dreams & clues that Camilla (Richard's dead daughter) left behind. She wasn't what she appeared to be. And as the story progresses we see WHY she was upset & the SECRETS start to reveal themselves. And some of those secrets DID leave me SHOCKED!
ONE BIG HUGE ONE that really explains the secrets Camilla was hiding and creating. So I will be LOOKING out for the NEXT book! Which i happen to have a picture & title for! It's not even on GOODREADS YET!! [I have no idea if this is alright, BUT look!]
Overall, I REALLY liked it & I would recommend you try it out! It may seem like too vague and uninteresting from the goodreads blurb BUT it is SO NOT! It was mysterious, glamorous, troubled, and a quick read! I will be anticipating the second book, This Side of Jealousy! So i give it 4/5 GOLDEN FEATHERS!!!
  
Book-Music match up!
This song by Lana Del Rey really picks up on some of the key things that go on in the book. PLUS it's a mellow summer song, which fits with the grim & exciting things that go on in the book. ENJOY =D
What do you think? Excited? Comment & ur entered to win a book!

6 comments:

  1. Have heard really good things about this book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the picture frames. gr8 review

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh awesome review!! I love murder mysteries and will be sure to check this one out!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is the first review I have gotten to see one this book, and your review totally hooked me into the plot. Definitely sounds interesting and totally not the vibe I got from looking at the cover and the plot summary. Definitely going on my TBR!

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT! It definitely was very different than what it said on the summary! Thanks u guyz for the comments! ^_^

      Delete
  5. DUDE I TOTALLY TOLD YOU TO STICK THROUGH THE BOOK. WHAT DID I SAAAYYYY? :D And YES. I KNOW. THAT ENDING. *dies* and the ghost part? CREEEEPPPYYYY. I love Camilla though. And YES. The characters were all innocent...then SO not innocent.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.