Thursday, August 9, 2012

ARC Review:The Kill Order by James Dashner

PUB Date: August 14th 2012
By: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Pages: 336
Source: Publisher via Netgalley
Challenge: Ultimate Reviewers (August)
Summary: [Goodreads / Amazon]
The prequel to the New York Times bestselling Maze Runner series.
Before WICKED was formed, before the Glade was built, before Thomas entered the Maze, sun flares hit the earth and mankind fell to disease.
Mark and Trina were there when it happened, and they survived. But surviving the sun flares was easy compared to what came next. Now a disease of rage and lunacy races across the eastern United States, and there’s something suspicious about its origin. Worse yet, it’s mutating, and all evidence suggests that it will bring humanity to its knees.
Mark and Trina are convinced there’s a way to save those left living from descending into madness. And they’re determined to find it—if they can stay alive. Because in this new, devastated world, every life has a price. And to some, you’re worth more dead than alive.
My thoughts (Karina):
"This book was FILLED with action, great cast of characters, and some intense & tearful scenes."
This book was amazing, I absolutely loved it. Mark’s character, in my opinion, was so well rounded. He wanted to act like a man (which he usually did), but at the same time there was this fear eating his insides. Tania was spunky, yet very mature.
“The Old Bear” was my favorite character. He was hardened by everything he’s been through. My favorite part is when “The Old Bear” tells Mark that he doesn’t envy what he had and what he misses.
The author had an interesting writing technique. One minute I’m connected to the character because he’s using the characters name’s then he starts using “the old man”. It was odd but I liked it.
The ending left me wanting more. I did like that it wasn’t a fairy tale ending and that Mark got a little bit of happiness before…. Well I’m not sure before what, the author lets you make your own conclusion. Throughout the whole book I wondered how the Mark endured all the beatings thrown his way and didn’t break something.
This book is filled with adventures, sacrifice and tearful moments. I didn’t like how the beginning didn’t really tie in with the story. (the prologe? Or epilogue? I get those confused) And I never find out if Deedee made it. It was a little confusing but an amazing book. I highly recommend it I couldn’t put it down. I give it 5/5 feathers.
   
Have you read the Maze Runner Trilogy? U excited for this prequel? Prequel:good/bad idea? Comment in August & entered to win a book!

3 comments:

  1. I've heard AWESOME things and I think this is at my library! :D I AM SO PICKING THIS UP NOW. But the writing style does sound weird. @_@ BUT COOL NONTHELESS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deedee ends up working for WICKED and her name is changed to Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know their was a prequel to Maze runner. Great Review!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.