Monday, August 20, 2012

FUN interview with Sara Walsh, author of The Dark Light!!

I was on twitter a few weeks back & was talking to the super nice Sara Walsh, who just happens to be the author of an upcoming YA novel called...THE DARK LIGHT!
I have been DYING for this book to come out because I LOVE books with hot guys,tattoos, and story's with secrets & Twists! SO I was super happy to have been able to interview Sara! ^__^
Sara: Hi, Lisseth! Thanks so much for inviting me to Read-A-holicZ!
Me: My pleasure! So let's start; If you had to describe yourself in just one word, what would it be and why?
Sara: Nerdy! I try very hard to be cool, but it just isn’t happening.
Me: Can you tell me what inspired you to write The Dark light?
Sara: The idea for The Dark Light came to me on a road trip from Kansas to Wyoming. I was talking with the others in the car about a recent news story: A young boy had mysteriously reappeared almost ten years after vanishing. We were out in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by all that open space, and it got me thinking of all the places where a person could disappear. What might really be out there? The two things came together--the boy and the open spaces--rapidly snowballing to become The Dark Light.
Me: Okay, I have to know, when you saw the cover to your book, what was your initial reaction?
Sara: I screamed! Really loudly! In fact, I’m still blown away. The models, the tattoo...It’s definitely a showstopper.
Me: YES it is! Now, What is one wish that you hope will come true?
Sara: In terms of writing, I definitely wish that I can continue to have my stories published. Writing is what I most love to do.
Me: If you weren’t a writer, what would be your ideal job?
Sara: I actually love dogs, so maybe a dog trainer.
Me: If you were stranded on a deserted island what 3 things would you want with you?
Sara: I’d take my husband; my Saint Bernard, Rosie; and a six-pack of beer.
Me: LOL. So, is there a song you could list as the theme song for your book or any of your characters?
Sara: The song Home by Chris Daughtry played on the radio just as I finished the first draft of The Dark Light, so whenever I hear it, it reminds me of the book. And the song kind of fits the story, too, so I’m going to pick that as my theme.
Me: (I LOVED that song =D) To end, what is your favorite Quote?
Sara: I’m a true Brit, so it has to be “Keep Calm and Carry On.”
More about Sara:
Sara Walsh is British, but happily lives in Annapolis, Maryland. She graduated college with a degree in psychology, but soon decided that telling stories was much more fun. When not writing, Sara is usually reading, drowning in tea, or frolicking around town with the world's cutest St. Bernard. The Dark Light is her first novel.
Follow here on: Goodreads/Twitter/Facebook/Blog/Website/Amazon
Comment on any review this month & ur entered to win a Free BOOK!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to read The Dark Light! Great interview :) The inspiration behind the book is really cool!

    Montana @ The Book Belles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview! It's so fun to find out the things/events that inspire an author to come up with a story!
    I'm really looking forward to The Dark Light! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.