Monday, August 13, 2012

Manga Mondays (1) : Vampire Knight, Vol.1 by Matsuri Hino

Manga Monday is hosted by Alison Can Read. This button edit is my own. The image credits go to the manga, Vampire Knight!
Okay I have joined a new meme, again, YAY! I read tons of Manga's during my senior year of HS and have been wanting to review & spotlight some really AWESOME ones. Plus i received some ARCs of manga's to review and my little sister can help me out since ALL she READS ARE MANGA'S!
These reviews will be short ( I hope) and will have pictures from the manga's. So this week it is...
Vampire knight,Vol. 1 (Vampire Knight #1) by Matsuri Hino
Cross Adademy is attended by two groups of students: the Day Class and the Night Class. At twilight, when the students of the Day Class return to their dorm, they cross paths with the Night Class on their way to school. Yuki Cross and Zero Kiryu are the Guardians of the school, protecting the Day Class from the Academy's dark secret: the Night Class is full of vampires!
Yuki Cross has no memory of her past prior to the moment she was saved from a vampire attack ten years ago. She was adopted by the headmaster of Cross Academy, and now works alongside Zero to guard the Academy's secret. Yuki believes that vampires and humans can coexist peacefully, but her partner has different ideas...
My thought's (Lisseth):
This was one of my first manga's I read my senior year in HS. It was about vampires, and vampire hunters, and a girl who doesn't know were she really came from, so of COURSE I was interested but what really caught me was the COVER and the artwork throughout the book!
This volume has chapters #1-5. Not many in retrospect to the ENTIRE series but it felt like a lot. The are so many likable characters like Aido (sounds like "idol", for a reason), Rima, Headmaster Cross(hilarious step-in father) and Yori( a sarcastic, kick-ass vampire hunter). This bring's us to the...
MAIN CHARACTERS. I instantly fell in love with Zero & was rooting for him all the way. I felt like he was really fighting to be good and was learning that their could be love in his life. PLUS he's also sarcastic,morbid, and funny. BUT very broken. I didn't love that Yuki was kinda naive about her infatuation with Kaname. AND Kaname was the typical arrogant, expressionless vampire king i expected. BUT...it worked for me. It was weird but it kept me reading.
I LOVED the mystery, suspense, and funny-ness in this book. Their are a few mysteries & secrets in the book. Which I really liked because as each new discovery in the book was like, "WHAT?!?!OMG!! REALLY!" Their were a lot of those moments. PLUS Zero does something that is un-forgivable. PLUS it also made you laugh!
That ending was like aww...bittersweet. I was SO torn. I love Zero & hadn't expected him to try what he did. So it shocked me and made me WANT to read the next volume.
SO I give it 4.5/5 golden feathers. It's great for first-time manga readers. I EXTREMELY recommend you read this series! =D
   
Picture Time!
What do u think? Like manga's? Comment & u r entered to win a book this month!

13 comments:

  1. Ah! Loved this series ^^
    I couldn't wait for the whole thing to be released here when I read it so I had to get the Japanese version.
    Me and my sister geeked out and went as night students to comic con one time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! that is SO AWESOME...lol, my sister loves it too! & she would kill for a night school uniform =D

      Delete
  2. I've never read manga before but this makes me want to. :D Her outfit with the bow in the front reminds me a little bit of Sailor Moon. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I does right!? I love it! and manga's are AWESOME, ppl should read more PLUS their really fast! =D

      Delete
  3. I loved the begining of this series and this was my first manga series. I love Zero as well and I shipped him and Yuki so much it hurt. I don't really like Kaname at all he just always seemed so arrogant especially towards Zero. I love your review and I agree with pretty much everything you said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed. This is an awesome series! I am not quite caught up with it, but am looking forward to reading the rest of the story.
    The first series I read by the manga-ka was Meri Puri and have read her ever since. A definite favorite.
    Enjoy!
    Tammy @ http://bosbooknook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW, new follower. I have to support my fellow otakus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! followed you back ^__^ nice term I hadn't heard of it & now i know =D & my sister has read Meri Puri & LOVED it!

      Delete
  6. Absolutely LOVE this series! Definitely check out the anime- VK and VK Guilty. They follow the book pretty closely with a few deviations. I'm totally Team Zero. Can't get enough of him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...i have! They are pretty close. And yay Team Zero! This is a manga i can never get tired of! ^__^

      Delete
  7. I love the VK manga series. I've read the 1st 13 volumes. I'm definitely a Kaname fangirl, and have been for years. I like Yaname (Yuuki x Kaname) & Zaname (Zero x Kaname).

    ReplyDelete
  8. OKAY. You know I read my reviews, but it's about time to comment (and er...your giveaway may have bribed...I mean motivated me. IM SUCH A BAD FRIEND) And I've tried to watch the Anime, but I JUST CANT *flails* but I'll give the manga a try! (since you...forced...told me to)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i read most of the manga, but stopped after the 11 book! i don't know exactlly why, but i"m starting to want to read it again! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.