Monday, September 3, 2012

Manga Monday (4): Yurara, Vol. 1 by Chika Shiomi

Manga Monday is hosted by Alison Can Read. This button edit is my own. The image credits go to the manga, Vampire Knight!
Okay I have joined a new meme, again, YAY! I read tons of Manga's during my senior year of HS and have been wanting to review & spotlight some really AWESOME ones. Plus i received some ARCs of manga's to review and my little sister can help me out since ALL she READS ARE MANGA'S!
These reviews will be short ( I hope) and will have pictures from the manga's. So this week it is...
Yurara, Vol. 1 (Yurara #1) by Chika Shiomi

Pages: 200
Published: June 5th 2007
By: VIZ Media LLC
Add on GOODREADS!
There are two sides to every ghost story...
Yurara Tsukinowa is a quiet girl who can see spirits and sense their emotions. Not wanting to seem abnormal, she hides her secret until she meets Mei Tendo and Yako Hoshino, two guys who use their spiritual powers to ward off vengeful spirits. The dormant guardian spirit in Yurara arises and a strong-willed beauty with the power to release souls emerges!
On Yurara's first day of high school, she finds her assigned seat is occupied--by a ghost! Mei and Yako cannot banish the spirit, and Yurara's other self is released...
My Thought's (Lisseth):

This manga was SO different than anything I had read before. It had ghosts, LOVE, and some messed up guardian spirit. Which I LOVED! It had many things I liked PLUS the art was pretty good. =D
Yurara herself is a very timid girl and tries not to be noticed and has been seeing ghosts all her life, and when a spirit has a deep emotion, she feels it too. She also faces normal teen girl things like a popular girl that wants to do nothing but bully her WHOM doesn't know she'll need Yurara in the close future.
On top of that add a ghost and things get interesting pretty soon. And in come in the hot guys, Mei Tendo and Yako Hoshino! AH SWOON! Really their so different from each other & each love one side of Yurara. Oh yeah she has a guardian spirit that is the COMPLETE OPPOSITE from her, even physically.
Yako falls for Rasetsu, the guradian spirit while Mei falls for Yurara. The funny thing is that both guys are like BEST FRIENDS, so complication PLUS Rasetsu does NOT make it easier, she has feelings for Yako and he gets messed up because the body belongs to Yurara XD.
The school is FULL of spirits and they find themselves trying to get rid of them and only Rasetsu can do that. On top of everything their are TONS of funny moments and drawings! ^__^
That last chapter was SO intense. It's only Yako & Rasetsu and things get UGLY. Yako has to overcome a fear and realizes he DOES feel something like love toward Rasetsu and AH! >__< Things look like their getting complicated.
Overall I really enjoyed this manga. It was SUPER funny, filled with action, and has a really complex and interesting romance and MC. I will be picking up the next volume definitely! So 4.5/5 GOLDEN FEATHERS!!!

PICTURE time:


THAT'S IT!! EXCITED-SOUND INTERESTING? HAVE U READ IT? COMMENTS :D

3 comments:

  1. I read Yurara, but I have yet to read Rasetsu. I have all the volumes, but just haven't gotten around to it. I also really like Night of the Beast. While Chika Shiomi is not one of my top ten favorite manga-kas, I still always enjoy her stories. Keep reading and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the artwork!!! I haven't read much Manga, but my kids have and someday I'll have to *borrow* their collection lol
    Mary DeBorde M.A.D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AvaHost is ultimately one of the best hosting company for any hosting services you need.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.