Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Review: The Lost Girl by Sangu Mandanna

PUB DATE: August 28th, 2012
By: Balzer + Bray
Pages: 432
Source: Around the World ARC Tours
Summary: [Goodreads/Amazon]
Eva’s life is not her own. She is a creation, an abomination—an echo. Made by the Weavers as a copy of someone else, she is expected to replace a girl named Amarra, her “other”, if she ever died. Eva studies what Amarra does, what she eats, what it’s like to kiss her boyfriend, Ray. So when Amarra is killed in a car crash, Eva should be ready.
But fifteen years of studying never prepared her for this.
Now she must abandon everything she’s ever known—the guardians who raised her, the boy she’s forbidden to love—to move to India and convince the world that Amarra is still alive.
What Eva finds is a grief-stricken family; parents unsure how to handle this echo they thought they wanted; and Ray, who knew every detail, every contour of Amarra. And when Eva is unexpectedly dealt a fatal blow that will change her existence forever, she is forced to choose: Stay and live out her years as a copy or leave and risk it all for the freedom to be an original. To be Eva.
From debut novelist Sangu Mandanna comes the dazzling story of a girl who was always told what she had to be—until she found the strength to decide for herself.
My Thought's (Lisseth):
WOW.Just WOW. I have no words for the torment, the beauty of this book. I am SO SURPRISED that i LOVED this book SO MUCH! It was very intense and oddly a fast read. PLUS has a unique & dark cover that is simply GORGEOUS!!Also this book has two places I LOVE; India & England ^_^
reading this book, through Eva's life, I felt for her i really did. She has no self. She only learns & does what Amarra does. Since she is a copy. Which is such a creepy & intriguing concept. It really does sound kinda Frankenstein-ish.
I mean, yes you love some one you wish they had a copy but it seemed cruel to make another human being learn & live another's life. Which makes for a fascinated read because Eva does things she doesn't want to do & wants something for herself. We see this from the start. I kept thinking, what if i had an Echo? What if I WAS AN ECHO? *chills* I have no idea what i would feel.
You really get these intense emotions during the book. Eva has to pretend to be Amarra and live her life. Which is harder than she expected. I felt how unfair her situation was and then the Weavers & Hunters. Both opposing sides that aren't good. The Weavers make Echo's like Eva, copies. The Hunters hunt Echo's because there not allowed to exist.
I have to say the ending was what made me tear up & tore me up! You don't expect the love interest in the book. I was a bit surprised yet at the same time I felt it was right. I LOVED the scenes where she was saying good-bye to Amarra's brother & sister. Then the near escape then the price that her freedom cost. OH GOD! I couldn't take it, i was an emotional wreck!
Overall, I LOVE,LOVE,LOVED this book!!! It is a MUST READ for ANYBODY!! I highly recommend you READ IT,LIKE NOW! It will surprise you, it will break you, and make you wonder! SO, 5/5 GOLDEN FEATHERS!!
  
Book-Video:
I have never heard this song, Stop Crying your Heart out by Oasis. BUT it was mentioned in the book & i liked the lyrics, so y not put it into the review! ENJOY =D
What do you think? LEAVE A Comment & u could win a book!-Comment Contest.

7 comments:

  1. I really really really want to read this now. When I first read about this I was a bit skeptical about it. Now I have to say that I'm going to put this on my to-be-read pile. Thanks for this review. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds so exciting and thought-provoking. I love your review! The whole idea about being a clone of someone and having their persona forced upon you is such a fascinating premise.

    Angie @YA Novelties

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Review! I have been thinking about getting this one for awhile now and you really help me decide to get. Thanks for the amazing review.

    -Brittan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was not really into this one when I saw the summary forever ago but, all of the reviews I have been reading have totally changed my mind. I really need to read this one, thanks for your awesome review!

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since The Lost Girl is one of the recent books I've added to my *wish-list*, I'm glad to hear how much you loved this book! I was kinda on the fence about it, but thought I might like it - now I've GOT to read this so thank you for the exciting review <3
    Mary DeBorde M.A.D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your review! I really wanted to pick this up as soon as this book came out.

    The idea IS creepy but in such a good way in terms of where the plot can go!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  7. AGAIN. SO JELLY. Good thing I'm hopefully buying this soon! And if this made you cry...it's going to make me cry! WAAAHHH. But oooh. Unexpected love *already has 5 stars* I'm a big romantic obv lol

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.