Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (9): Suicide, Love, Forgiveness!

So lets start with my Waiting on Wednesday. I haven't done a meme on wednesday "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted @ Bending the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
My Beautiful Failure by Janet Ruth Young
A haunting account of a teen boy who volunteers at a suicide hotline and falls for a troubled caller.Billy is a sophomore in high school, and twice a week, he volunteers at Listeners, a suicide hotline.
Jenney is an “incoming,” a caller, a girl on the brink.
As her life spirals out of control, Jenney’s calls become more desperate, more frequent. Billy, struggling with the deteriorating relationship with his depressed father, is the only one who understands.
Through her pain, he sees hope. Through her tears, he feels her heart. And through her despair, he finds love. But is that enough?
Acclaimed author Janet Ruth Young has written a stunning and powerful story with no easy answers; it is about pain and heartbreak, reality and illusion, and finding redemption and the strength to forgive in the darkest of times.
ADD on GOODREADS!
November 13th 2012 by Atheneum Books for Young Readers
This sounds like my kind of book. It has the tough issue of suicide, and yet of healing. I read the first sentence & was like I've heard this!
Back in my senior year i attended a conference for teen writers and we got to talk to a real editor & pitch ideas & write query letters (Scariest thing in my life O_O). And I remember this girl talking about a book idea where a guy that works at a suicide helpline falls in love with the girl on the other end of the phone...so i was like @_@ Oh my god Déjà vu!
But ever since i heard the idea I kept wondering about what would happen? How do they help each other out? and other stuff. SO I AM GLAD I might get to read this idea! SO I AM SO on my seat WAITING for this to come out!!! ^_^
What do you think? LEAVE A Comment & u could win a book!-Comment Contest.

3 comments:

  1. It does sound really good! And, the fact that there's hope & healing involved is an important element! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog....NEW FOLLOWER.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. dhow cruise dubai is lovely place you can enjoy your dinner with your love once.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.