Monday, October 1, 2012

ARC Review: Burning Blue by Paul Griffin

PUB DATE: October 25th 2012
By: Dial
Pages: 288
Source: Around the world ARC tours
Summary: [Goodreads/Amazon]
How far would you go for love, beauty, and jealousy?
When Nicole Castro, the most beautiful girl in her wealthy New Jersey high school, is splashed with acid on the left side of her perfect face, the whole world takes notice. But quiet loner Jay Nazarro does more than that--he decides to find out who did it.
Jay understands how it feels to be treated like a freak, and he also has a secret: He's a brilliant hacker. But the deeper he digs, the more danger he's in--and the more he falls for Nicole. Too bad everyone is turning into a suspect, including Nicole herself.
Award-winning author Paul Griffin has written a high-stakes, soulful mystery about the meaning--and dangers--of love and beauty.
My Thought's (Lisseth):
This book was really promising. I really liked that it dealt with a difficult issue that not many authors tackle. I LOVED this cover and getting your face burned with acid...EEP! So i just HAD to read this book! So i am sad to say...it didn't quit live up to my expectations. But remember this is MY opinion & i know a lot of people who LOVE it!
First off the start of this book was a bit confusing. I mean I got the Jay's POV (I love guy POV) but then it switched and there were some weird parts. I just could NOT get into the writing style! >_< it was not what i usually see, so it was hard getting used to it. =/
I liked the story though at times i got the feeling that i knew who the guilty party was. The romance was good. I liked it. The characters were okay though not as memorable as i wanted them to be. I'm just a bit confused on how i feel about the book right now.
Overall, it was interesting but i was bit conflicted with the writing style. I had GREAT potential but for me it just didn't come through. It was okay but not as AMAZING as i thought it would be. DEFINITELY READ IT for yourself, though! So 3.5/5 GOLDEN FEATHERS!
Book-Video:
Well since i couldn't find a book trailer for the book. So I chose this song NUMB by Linkin Park. It's lyrics go pretty well with the book! SO listen & ENJOY!! =D
What do you think? LEAVE A Comment & u could win the DIVINERS!-Comment Contest.

3 comments:

  1. I do not know what to say about this so thank you for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I am so sorry that this one was a bit of a letdown. That happens to me and it is very sad. Burning Blue didn't disappoint me, though. I loved both of the characters. I just loved the story in general. I hope that the book that followed this one was EPIC and you were highly satisfied!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES I followed this one up with an EPIC book :D And yeah we all have different tastes and that's what makes us readers. Glad u LOVED it though, I might re-read it ;) Thanks for stopping by Jamie, MUCH <333!

      Delete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.