Tuesday, October 9, 2012

[Fun & Jolly] Review: Decked with Holly by Marni Bates!

Publication Date: September 25th 2012
Publisher: K-Teen
Pages: 272
source: bought for kindle
Summary from Goodreads (here):
Spending Christmas vacation on a cruise with her two cousins from hell isn't Holly's idea of a good time. And when in a moment of seasick-fueled desperation she lurches into an open suite--she's greeted with an eyeful of pepper spray.
The culprit? A gorgeous guy calling himself Nick. But when Holly goes to make her exit, she gets the shock of her life: a corridor crammed with screaming teenage fans. Because Nick just happens to be Dominic Wyatt, drummer for ReadySet--one of the hottest bands in America.
Suddenly rumors are swirling, and Holly's face is captured on countless phones and plastered all over the Internet. But the band can't risk a scandal destroying their family-friendly image, so Dominic convinces Holly to be his fake girlfriend--just for two weeks.
How bad could it be to be fauxmantically involved with one of the cutest rockstars on the planet? Holly's about to find out. . .
I was in a reading slump recently. I needed something light and funny & while i was @ Kmart I spotted this book called, DECKED WITH HOLLY. Oh course my parents wouldn't buy it BUT i had already started reading it...so I BOUGHT it for my kindle =P [first book i have EVER bought for my kindle!] and was SUPER HAPPY that this book brought me out of my slump & was AWESOME! ^_^
This book has one of the things that I LOVE, multiple POVs! So you see Dominic's POV of Holly & Vise versa. Thi really brought out the conflicting & deeper feelings of the characters. I REALLY liked reading Nick's part [I call him Nick, just like Holly].
This story is SO SWEET and funny! I was laughing and going awww A LOT! I felt bad for Holly, her aunt & cousins were horrible to her! >_< Thank god Nick was there because he really gave Holly some self confidence that she needed. I Liked the aspect of the fake romance, or "Fauxmance" as Holly calls it. Especially when the lines between reality & lies blur.
Then BAM! A misunderstanding and two hard headed people..
AH!!! The ending! Dear lord, I was having a cow. I mean seriously. Why make me cry, my heart was breaking in two when the vacation was over! Thank goodness that heartbreak was fixed. Believe me after being with these two witty, sarcastic, and funny characters; you WILL NEED them to stay together.
Overall, this book was really fun, easy, and quick! I could NOT put it down. It's the perfect in between book that will make you WANT to keep reading. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you read it!! Great Holiday book! So 4.5/5 EPIC STARS FEATHERS!!!!

Book-Music Video Match up!

SO throughout the book the band ReadySet was mentioned. So i figured it was a real band & just had to ADD this song by The Ready Set. Hear the lyrics of KILLER, it really sounds like something Dominic would write. ENJOY =D

What do you think? LEAVE A Comment & u could win the DIVINERS!-Comment Contest.

4 comments:

  1. I might have to look into this book for a fun, playful read. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :O YOU SHOULD! It was light, fun, and AWESOME!!! Thanks for stopping by Jay. MUCH <33!

      Delete
  2. I have heard nothing but good things about this book. Fun, fun, fun! I really need to give it a shot. I could use a good laugh out loud book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAYAY! Glad you've only heard great things Jaime because it definitely is great & FUN! Thanks for stopping by and hope you do read it soon :D

      Delete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.