Thursday, October 4, 2012

[Just as Beautiful] ARC Review: A Fractured Light (A Beautiful Dark #2) by Jocelyn Davies

PUB DATE: September 25th 2012
By: HarperTeen
Pages: 352
Source: Around the world ARC tours
Summary: [Goodreads/Amazon]
When she wakes up in unfamiliar surroundings, Skye knows something terrible has happened to her. It's not until she hears Asher, the dark, rebellious angel she fell in love with, that the memories come flooding back. She tries to put the past behind her, but she knows she'll be forever haunted by the ruthless betrayal that almost took her life.
Skye returns home, but with the knowledge of who she really is, nothing can ever be the same. As she tests the limits of her newfound powers, Skye discovers that she's capable of far more than anyone could have imagined.
Both the Order and the Rebellion want her for their side as war between the factions looms. She can't forget the terrifying truth she now knows about the Order, but something holds her back from embracing the Rebellion.
My Thought's (Lisseth):
**WARNING** [Might contain spoilers to first book A Beautiful Dark]
Okay so when I finished A Beautiful Dark, I was really, really SHOCKED! Believe me that was an EPIC ending to a book...SO when I got my hands on an ARC for the second book I was like @_@ WOAH. Then i jumped up and down for an hour ^_^
This book picks up right were A Beautiful Dark left of. Sky is with Asher, the dark angel and he heals her BUT they kinda erase/block her memory of the events that lead to her being injured. Which i liked because it showed Skye dealing with emotions and powers she didn't know she had...PLUS i love any sort of memory loss in a book.
Throughout the book Skye and Asher relationship really grows and I LOVED watching them fall more in love with each other. I kinda didn't like that he was pushing her to be part of the rebellion, but oh well.
I felt this book was a lot more peaceful than the first, which was actually really nice. Maybe because a certain "light" angel wasn't there. BUT i gotta say there are still some pretty action packed scenes. ;)
WOAH the ending of this....WOAH. Jocelyn has done it again. I...was at..a loss...of words. She left me SPEECHLESSS. I was NOT suspecting ANY of that to happen!!! I knew Skye had a destiny to take hold of..but DANG...Devin went to the dark side O_O & then Raven & Ian...O_O. DOUBLE SHOCKED!!! Then like always the Book title comes into play @ the end of her books. Skye is the fractured light's leader...there SILVER! [will get meaning when U READ THE BOOK]
Overall, It was AMAZING! I could NOT stop reading it and more than once I was just staring at the book because I could not get my head to attach to my body from the shock! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you READ THIS SERIES!!! So 5/5 AMAZING GOLD FEATHERS!!!!
Book-Video Match UP:
I chose this song, Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol becuase I think it really speaks to Skye and Ashers relationship. ENJOY!! =D
What do you think? LEAVE A Comment & u could win the DIVINERS!-Comment Contest.

2 comments:

  1. I just finished the first book in the trilogy yesterday and loved it. I have the 2nd one sitting on my shelf now and now after reading your review I GOTTA start reading it nowww! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved this series. It seems like a lot of people haven't read them and that is sad. The 3rd book comes out on my birthday this year and I'm so excited. Thank you for sharing my love of this book.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.