Monday, October 22, 2012

[Knockout] ARC REVIEW: Witch World by Christopher Pike

PUB DATE: November 13th 2012
By: Simon Pulse
Pages: 528
Source: Around the World ARC Tours
Summary: [Goodreads / Amazon]
Witches are real—and each of us may be one—in this all-new paranormal suspense novel from #1 New York Times bestselling author Christopher Pike.
Heading off for a weekend in Las Vegas with her friends, Jessie Ralle has only one worry—how to make it through the road trip in the same car with her Ex, Jimmy Kelter. The guy who broke her heart five months ago when he dumped her for no reason. The guy who’s finally ready to tell her why he did it, because he wants her back.
But what Jessie doesn’t realize is that Jimmy is the least of her problems.
In Las Vegas she meets Russ, a mesmerizing stranger who shows her how to gamble, and who never seems to lose. Curious, Jessie wants to know his secret, and in response, alone in his hotel room, he teaches her a game that opens a door to another reality.
To Witch World.
Suddenly Jessie discovers that she’s stumbled into a world where some people can do the impossible, and others may not even be human. For a time she fears she’s lost her mind. Are there really witches? Is she one of them?
#1 Bestselling author Christopher Pike offers up another classic edge-of-your-seat thrill ride that keeps you guessing right until the last page
My Thought's (Lisseth):
Going into this book I wasn't sure what i was going to find. The premiss was good and interesting. I Hadn't read anything by Christopher Pike, I don't know y? Because he has become one of my favorite author now.
I really ENJOYED Witch World. It had truly AWESOME characters and a great story. I loved the beginning because 1) it's graduation 2) there going to Vegas WOHOO! and 3) yup the guy that broke your heart is going to be there & wants to get back together. =P
EXACTLY. that's all right? NOT! As I was reading witch world there were rapid twists...that were like "OH SH*T, NO!" PLus the characters were diverse and funny.
I really liked Alex she was bold yet had secrets that were painfully normal. Believe me she's a handful. Then there was Debbie who was geeky and in love with someone that didn't love her back. And my favorite was Ted he was the guy you went to to get anything..like say O tickets, or some alcohol.
Jessie is all kinds of complex. She's had an uneasy childhood were her rich father left her family & won't even acknowledge her. [But it's for a really good reason ;) ]Then her ex, Jimmy whom I felt really sorry for. >_< He really gave a bombshell at the beginning and I was like...
WOAH @_@ NO HE DIDNT!
Then in vegas she meets Russ and to me it was like.."Yes, finally,get over Jimmy" then she meets the Witch world. Woah there were so many things about the witch world that were awesome and others that made my skin crawl. Oh but GOD Russ...why, just why? My head was turned around SO MANY times because of him.
There were times where my mind was in a whirlwind because WOAH, what happened? One minute Jessica was okay, then she's in Russ's room and HOT SCENE! Then bam a kid? @_@ Which drives Jessica on this crazy journey to Witch World. Then There was such an UNEXPECTED turns that my jaw dropped and I was like...
Might as well knock me over and break my heart too!!
Yeah something happens and well there is a match to the death and AH! My heart was breaking! It was SO GOOD yet not good...then someone dies...only it's the double of the original [in witch world you have a double, either good or bad depending on how you are in the real world] so I was like...okay the good one is alive, right?
The ending didn't solve many things BUT i felt that it was a good ending. There is a somewhat peace to all the characters. Yes Jessie has her daughter Laura back and well Jimmy gets someone back two. ;) But woah ominous ending! I don't know if there will be another book but if there was I AM DEFINITELY going to read it! ^_^
Overall, this was a KNOCK ME ON BACK SIDE, kind of book! It had romance, adventure and danger. PLUS Jessica was never a boring girl! This book was AMAZING and I will HAVE to read more books by Mr. Pike! =D So I give this book 5/5 KNOCKOUT GOLDEN FEATHERS!
Book-Song Match up:
Picked DIET MOUNTAIN DEW by Lana Del Rey. The Lyrics sound wicked and "you're no good for me, but I want you" Jessies & Russ's relationship ;) ENJOY!
What do u think? Comment this month and you could win FANG GIRL & SWAG!!

5 comments:

  1. I've heard of the name Christopher Pike before, but I've never actually picked up any books. I'll have to check this one out, the premise sounds really interesting, and it would be nice to see something different with witches (I've been watching too many Charmed reruns lately so I am on a magic kick).

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK sounds like a another one to add to my TBR list.<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Keep on feeding that TBR monster XP

      Delete
  3. I haven't read anything by this author either, and I honestly don't know why. He writes the type of books that I normally jump on at the first chance. Yours is actually the first review that I have read for Witch World, but that is enough for me to know that this could be a good place for me to start my up and coming relationship with Christopher Pike's books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG YES! This is the perfect place to start with Christopher Pike's books! Thanks for checking out my review Jaime, MUCH <333!

      Delete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.