Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Like this, Try This (1) : Timeless, Once upon a time, Ask Alice

Okay so I LOVE Nawanda Files's Like This, Try This Meme. It always lets me make connections to books and movies. SO I am SUPER glad that it's now open to ALL to join! WOHOO! So I am happy to take part. PLUS it's fun to come up with these and gets you thinking. Made these picks with my sister [she made me write that if i used any of her suggestions -__-]
"Like This, Try This is a meme designed to introduce YA books that are similar to TV Shows, movies, and other books! It is usually featured on Tuesdays."
Photobucket
Okay first, we have A kiss in Time. I am currently reading it (AMAZING!). Anywho, in A kiss in Time princess Talia("sleeping beauty") is cursed by a witch to die when she pricks her finger on a spindle. Then awakens by true loves first kiss...kinda like in Once Upon a time, where there all cursed to live in the real world with no knowlage that there fairy tale characters until the only one that escaped comes back. PLUS they both have EVIL witches.
AH!!! I LOVE the Time travelers Wife and Timeless! They both had a complicated relationships and you know TIME TRAVEL. So it takes you to different places and eras and makes you fall in love right along with them. They also have BITTERSWEET ENDINGS, although Timeless it's more a shock. ;D
My sister came up with the last one. The only book she has FULLY read & loved was The me nobody Knew and i feel that if you liked Ask Alice which is also another real story with hard issues then you will like The me nobody knew!
What do you think? Have you read any of these books? Agree with the comparisons?
Leave your lovely comments below!! & u could win the DIVINERS!-Comment Contest.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with Timeless and Time Traveler's Wife they have some major similiarities. I NEED to read some fairytale retellings. It's on my to-do list so I may check A Kiss in Time out. Great picks, Lisseth! Thanks for participating :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to read The Me Nobody Knew now! Awesome picks :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.