Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays: Black City Edition! (5)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
*Grab your current read
*Open to a random page
*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
*Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
This is my fifth Teaser Tuesday! I didn't think i was going to do this meme anymore but as Part of the BLACK CITY Tour I will have some JUICY teasers for you!! =D
BLACK CITY by Elizabeth Richards!
PUB DATE:November 13, 2012
By: G.P. Putnam's Sons BYR
Pages: 384
* GoodReads * Pre-order Amazon
A dark and tender post-apocalyptic love story set in the aftermath of a bloody war.
In a city where humans and Darklings are now separated by a high wall and tensions between the two races still simmer after a terrible war, sixteen-year-olds Ash Fisher, a half-blood Darkling, and Natalie Buchanan, a human and the daughter of the Emissary, meet and do the unthinkable—they fall in love.
Bonded by a mysterious connection that causes Ash’s long-dormant heart to beat, Ash and Natalie first deny and then struggle to fight their forbidden feelings for each other, knowing if they’re caught, they’ll be executed—but their feelings are too strong.
When Ash and Natalie then find themselves at the center of a deadly conspiracy that threatens to pull the humans and Darklings back into war, they must make hard choices that could result in both their deaths.
Teaser #1:
He growls, flashing his fangs.
I recoil, my mind bursting with images from the night Father died: fangs dripping with venom, a pool of dark blood, my father’s face contorted with pain.
I hear someone whimper and realize it’s me.
Ash steps back, alarmed. “I wasn’t going to bite you.
--(Black City, Natalie, page 75)
Woah @_@, what is going on!!! Must be painful to love someone who's "supposed" to be your enemy. Now to the next one. TEASER #2:
We head through the maze of alleyways, getting turned around a few times until I’m not certain where we are.
As we approach a butcher’s stall, I stop dead.
Between the waving flags, I catch a glimpse of pale skin, rippling black hair and sparkling black eyes.
My heart yanks. Ash.
--(Black City, Natalie, page 114)
OMG!!! O_O ASH, is where?! In a butcher shop? @_@
WHAT ARE YOU TEMPTING READERS WITH THIS TUESDAY?
Leave ur links below!
Comment this month and you could win A HUGE PRIZE-HERE

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the teaser... I'm dying to read this book :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.