Friday, November 2, 2012

ARC Review: Touched (Sense Thieves #1) by Corrine Jackson

PUB DATE: NOVEMBER 27th, 2012
By: Kensington Teen
Pages: 304
Source: Around the World ARC Tours
Summary: [Goodreads / Amazon]
Remy O’Malley heals people with touch—but every injury she cures becomes her own. Living in a household with an abusive stepfather, she has healed untold numbers of broken bones, burns,and bruises.
And then one night her stepfather goes too far.
Being sent to live with her estranged father offers a clean start and she is eager to take it. Enter Asher Blackwell. Once a Protector of Healers, Asher sacrificed his senses to become immortal. Only by killing a Healer can a Protector recover their human senses.
Falling in love is against the rules between these two enemies. Because Remy has the power to make Protectors human again, and when they find out, they’ll becoming for her—if Asher doesn’t kill her first.
This is Book One in the Touched trilogy.
My Thought's (Lisseth):
First off, can I say that this cover is SO GORGEOUS! Really the flower and the spotlight work great as eye catchers. Secondly I haven't read Corinne's first book, If i lie, but after reading this book I WILL HAVE TO!!
Believe me this book was AMAZING! The only thing that bothered me was that the ARC said it came out DECEMBER 2013...@_@ When It clearly comes out this year on the 27th, my birthday! But besides that tiny (HUGE) typo i'm good.
OMG where to start with this book. It was intense, funny, and thrilling. I LOVED it. I loved the beginning because WOAH we are just thrown into Remy's world of violence. I wanted to hit her mom on the head too...but you know, for letting things get out of hand. I kinda felt awkward about her relationship with her father & his family at first but slowly they make a place in their heart for her and she learns to love them just as much.
There are TONS of loveable characters like Lucy her half-sister whom I think was a really nice addition because she was SO SPUNKY and energized. Lucy and her friends, especially Ben, made me laugh, a lot!
Now, the relationship with Asher blackwell...EXPLOSIVE! I mean there enemy's but it was cute watching them get under each others skin and try to deny their feelings (see I said "tried" cuz they can't!) i think they really were a good match and he was sweet, broody, and infuriating PLUS a pinch of HOT with an accent! ;D
The love/hate thing worked because they had to be defensive around each other but it also added a fun & relaxed element to them because soon they were comfortable with each other. And there loving each other comes at a cost...@_@ i mean HUGE!
Back to the story. There are SO MANY twists. Subtle but definitely OMG inducing and I LOVED it! Throughout this book Remy discovers a secret about herself. I LOVED the tension between the Protectors & healers in the novel. The book had a lot of complexity. One minute everything was okay and peaceful. THEN BANG. What just happened?! @_@
Then that ending. It was...
Like no lie, IT WAS! I was hyperventilating SO MUCH! I was tearing out my hair & probably looked like a crazy woman. Believe me that WAS SO...SO...I have no words to say how intense, complicated, and AWESOME that ending was. All i can say is that it will SHOCK YOU and have you in tears! I LOVE that things weren't completely resolved because WAY major secrets were discovered and this is a trilogy ;)
Overall, This book was AMAZING and CRAZY INDUCING!! I can not wait to see what will happen in the NEXT BOOK. READ THIS BOOK when it comes out definitely!! I give this book 4.5/5 CRAZY GOLDEN FEATHERS!
Book-Song Match up:
Picked, MY BLOOD by Ellie Goulding! It's just perfect, HEAR THE LYRICS!!
("Alarms will ring for eternity, The waves will break every chain on me, My bones will bleach, My flesh will flee,So help my lifeless frame to breathe") ENJOY! =D
What do u think? EXCITED or not? Leave me a COMMENT!! =D

8 comments:

  1. Great review! I loved this book as well and can't wait until
    the mext one comes out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked my review and I can't wait for book #2 either!!! Thanks for checking it out, MUCH <33!

      Delete
  2. Sounds to me like I need to get on this one, and right now. I love the synopsis, and after reading your review it sounds like this book is fabulous in a big way. Thank you for your wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG YES YOU DO XD and really glad you liked my review Jaime! Means a lot :3 Thanks for stopping by Jaime, MUCH <333!

      Delete
  3. This book is amazing, Corrine did a great job, especially the scenes where Remy and Asher are concerned. I will suggest this book to everyone who love drama, romance, adventure.... everything you would want in a book I'd in this book. After you finished reading this book you would want to read it again and again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book so much I HAD to read it twice. Can't wait for the next novel! The strength that Remy has is very powering and love the way her and Asher's relationship start and continue! I would recommend this book to everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.