Tuesday, November 13, 2012

[Rocking] ARC Review: Rockoholic by C.J. Skuse

PUB DATE: November 1st 2012
By: Scholastic
Pages: 358
Source: from Publisher via Netgalley
Summary: [Goodreads / Amazon]
She's got it bad, and he ain't good -- he's in her garage?
"I'm your biggest fan, I'll follow you until you love me..."
Gonna have to face it: Jody's addicted to Jackson Gatlin, frontman of The Regulators, and after her best bud Mac scores tickets, she's front and center at his sold-out concert.
But when she gets mashed in the moshpit and bodysurfs backstage, she's got more than a mild concussion to deal with. By the next morning, the strung-out rock star is coming down in her garage.
Jody -- oops -- kind of kidnapped him. By accident. With a Curly Wurly candy bar. And now he doesn't want to leave.
It's a rock-star abduction worthy of an MTV reality series...but who got punk'd?!
My Thought's (Lisseth):
This book was ROFL crazy, fun, and yet touching. I crying in some parts & laughed at others, it really had it all! Plus a sweet romance and a wayward rockstar! =D
When I read the synopsis for ROCKOHOLIC i expected a fun and fluffy read. I did get that but it also was SO MUCH MORE than what i expected. It really does capture you and It WIL NOT LET YOU GO until u have finished!!!
I loved the story. It wasn't what i expected. I thought oh Josie will fall in love with the rock star, Jackson, and they'll get to know each other...O_O WOAH, not that AT ALL!
Jackson & Jody have a lot of things they have to fix in there lives. I liked that Jody tried to stay positive through Jackson's withdral from rock-stardom. Believe me I wanted to smack Jody upside the head at times because she was fangirling him so much and at the start was a bit delusional about him picking her from the crowd and falling in love with her in one of his concerts.
@_@ Oh yeah he turns out to be a JERK! She tolerates it because she wants to help him. He is UGH! >_< Infuriating to the T! But then to the help comes Mac, Makenzie, her best friend. Whom she thinks is gay, but oh LORD isn't.
He saves her butt more times than i have fingers. He's the voice of reason. I could pick out that he was jealous of jackson because Josie "loved" him SO MUCH. He was one of my favorite characters and his lil sister CREE, was the SWEETEST thing! She LOVED Jackson and I think he learned to love again to a degree with her. Jackson & Cree's parts were sweet and very needed to give Jackson some healing.
There are so many fun situations, like the candy bar kidnapping...how? READ IT ;) and her grandfather was SO COOL, even though he died at the begging, he was "A LEGEND" like Jackson said. There is a villain, well a nosy goissip columnist, whom Mac verbally smacks down and Josie physically knocks unconscience..T_T What can u do, it's Jody.
I LOVED the ending. I was crying!!!! Really crying, because I knew that he would have to go but...but...NO. It was just tto sad and emotional and then Mac & Jody make up (they fought & Mac thought she had left with Jackson) and then...then...>_< It was just Perfect. I LOVED it even though i was torn about it.
The Epilogue was really great to put because I was WORRIED! All i have to say is Cherry Blossom. (TEAR) Jody and Mac are so sweet. Oh did i mention her grandfather left her A TON of cash @_@...vacation in Italy!! =D
Overall, I 100x LOVED this! It was touching, fun, and addicive. I can not wait to read more from this author!! READ IT NOW, or else...Josie will find you...@_@ I give this book 5/5 AMAZING STACKS of BOOKS! =D
Favorite Quotes:
"There too many tears in my eyes. It's too dark. And there's a transvestite in my way"-Jody, ARC
"Who was that?" says Mum when i reenter the kitchen.
"You've been gone ages. i put th rest of your dinner under the grill.
"Jehovah's witnesses," i blurt.
"One of them was cross eyed. I felt bad."-Josie, ARC
"Never meet your heros, Jody. You'll always be disappointed"-Jackson, ARC
"My tears drip constantly. "It's all true, isn't it?
"Not all of it, "he sniffs. "I don't do Pilates"- Jackson,ARC
Book-Music Connection:
While reading this in Peru, i can by this song CANDY by Robert Williams, It is PERFECT for Josie & Jackson's friendship!! ENJOY!! =D
What do u think? EXCITED?! Leave a Comment!

2 comments:

  1. I have seen this at the library several times, and I have read a few reviews for it, but I thought that it wasn't a book for me. I think that maybe I was wrong. Sometimes I need a book exactly like this one. Funny and emotional and all things lighthearted all rolled into one. I think this is a book that people would call a great "summer read"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG YES! It so is a great summer read Jaime :D I wasn't sure if i was going to love this either but I mean I HAD to try it, Captive by CHOCOLATE O.o I NEEDED to know how! Funny, emotional, and light = EPIC! Hope you pick it up soon jaime, as always Thanks for stopping by! MUCH <3

      Delete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.