Thursday, December 13, 2012

BLOG TOUR: Light of the Moon by David James [REVIEW]

PUB DATE: November 6th 2012
Publisher: CrateSpace Publishing
Pages: 372
Source: provided for blog tour
SUMMARY: [Goodreads / Amazon]
Stars. Fire. Blood. Magic.
One night long ago, a constellation disappeared and fell from the sky in the form of a boy.
Secrets are being kept in the sleepy town of Lakewood Hollow, Colorado. Nothing but pools of blood and dripping words are left where bodies once were, and no one but Calum Wade seems to be worried. Life unfolds in shades of red for Calum, until a mysterious girl named Kate Black enrolls at his school and everything changes.
Suddenly a dangerous world of dream demons, elemental enchanters, and blood witches unfurls before Calum. He learns that the stars have forever held his destiny, and that the constellations above are much more than what they seem. As Kate and Calum sink deep into a paranormal war, they realize that an ancient prophecy might hold the answers they seek.
But life is not so easy for Calum, and he can feel his heart beat faster whenever Kate is close. Worse, Kate's blood holds a dark secret even more dangerous than the war between the demons and enchanters. Soon the two find that there are worse things than loving someone you shouldn't.
For Calum and Kate, even love and the fiery power of stars may not be enough to break a curse as dark as the blood that binds their destiny.
A romantic story of true love and dark curses, LIGHT OF THE MOON will leave you breathless.
My Thought's (Lisseth):
Since the first time I saw the cover to this book i was fascinated. I wanted to know the whole story and after reading the synopsis i wanted to REALLY see what it was about. I had read another book this year with the same kinda concept of a person falling from the sky (not angel) but a star. So i though, "oh this might be like that" plus i really loved that book...
BUT when I picked up LIGHT OF THE MOON i soon realized this was completely different in a LOT of GREAT WAY! It has such a unique way of writing. It really is a master piece. I wanted to just...QUOTE like 70% of the book.
The writing was different. I just got this feeling of realism or EMOTIONS. I could connect to the emotions and subsequently to the characters. PLUS multiple POV's that worked. You know how i love various POV's in a book and this one worked really well in bringing the whole book together! =)
I LOVED Calum, he doesn't have the simplest life. He's been blind to his fate for so long and then...AH! Kate, OMG I LOVED her too. She was taught one thing all her life and now she was being tested and i liked that.
Something else is that the way the author wrote the story it's almost like 2 stories playing out at the same time and still fitting together. I was curious about it but he made it work! Also the prologue was long but DONT SKIP it! It plays a key element to the story and made me a bit teary and it at the same time enchanted me.
Oh yeah there is a supernatural element in this book. I loved the whole concept of it. When I heard the "prophecy" I was like...
YUP it was such a done-before-idea and then added a twist...if my father was...U KNOW, the DEVIL @_@ I would really WANT to know why i can't fall in love. You know, so i DON'T fall in love and cause a war or an apocalypse!
Overall, this was a SUPER enjoyable and SURPRISING read. I HIGHLY recommend you read this now! It will grab you and won't let you go until the very end. SO, 5/5 STACKS of BOOKS!
About the Author:


David James writes books about stars and kisses and curses. He is the author of the YA novel, LIGHT OF THE MOON, the first book in the Legend of the Dreamer series, as well as the companion novella, THE WITCH'S CURSE.
A second novella for the series, THE WARRIOR’S CODE, as well as the sequel, SHADOW OF THE SUN, will be released in 2013. Living in Michigan, he is addicted to coffee, gummy things, and sarcastic comments. He enjoys bad movies, goofy moments, and shivery nights. Be sure to visit David’s blog and facebook to learn more about his various addictions and novels.
Find and Follow her on: Facebook / Goodreads / Website / TWITTER
Book-Song match up:
This song "HURRICANE" by 30 seconds to Mars fits the book well! Hear the song & read the lyrics, "there is a fire inside of this heart and a riot about to explode into flames" and "the love we had, we had to let it go" ENJOY! ^_^
Favorite quotes:
Kate. Her name was ash in my mouth, more bitter than mist, and thoughts of her filled my mind.
I hurried toward the hall with my head down, avoiding kate as mush as possible. As I rushed past her tough, I couldn't look away. When they locked with hers, helpless against the violet, the world dissolved into a ballad of quiet rage, whispered words like daggers in the air.
My heart boomed so hard against my ribs until: I can't breathe.
"And this is Calum Wade," Too much, too fast.
Our eyes met. I'm dying.
One moment lingered forever. Hope.
Blue eyes so dark they looked violet. Love?
her eyes narrowed into this: I hate you.
When things were colored black and blue, I knew how to live. Now, in a world as gray as the sky outside, I was just as lost as the sunlight.
For the full tour schedule CLICK the banner:
Reading Addiction Blog Tours
Thanks for stopping by and what do YOU think? INTERESTING?

1 comment:

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.