1) Lets start this easy. What is one of your favorite Holiday movies?
As far as an actual Christmas movie goes, ONE MAGIC CHRISTMAS. It’s not well known, and it’s a little dark. But ultimately the message is the same as with all Christmas films and the acting is wonderful. It also has one of the best Santas in my mind, played by Jan Rubes. Oh! And it was filmed in the small town where my parents and I have our cottage!
[Oh that is cool! I haven't heard of this movie but im gonna have to check it out soon! ^_^]
2) If Cora, Nellie, and Michiko were singing at a X-mas Karaoke Party, what song would they sing?Not sure if there is really an appropriately X-mas themed song for them, but they are kind of rebellious so they’d likely do something that had nothing to do with the holidays. There are a lot of cheesy choices for them – “We are family”, “Survivor” (Destiny’s Child), “I Am Woman” . . . But I think I’m going to go with “Raise Your Glass” by Pink. Fun, loud, and I guess my girls kind of are wrong in all the right ways for their time.
[OMG! I LOVE THAT SONG! I can so picture them ROCKING to this =D]
3) What would be your perfect Christmas present?I guess I could go with something like “peace” and “love” and “time with friends and family”. And that would be all true. But ultimately I like getting movies.
[Tehe, yeah all of those would be AWESOME, but i like getting movies & such too!]
4) Does your family come over for the Holidays? If so, then has there been any crazy/funny memories from these gatherings?I tend to go to celebrate the holidays with each side of the family, they don’t come to me. We really don’t have any wacky stories, we just get along and have a nice time with each other. But I will say this year we were all given these neck warmer scarf things that came with instructions on how to turn them into all kinds of winter wear and we got rather silly coming up with different options. That’s about the extent of it.
[Yeah that's pretty much as crazy gets in my family too. Were silly together too =P]
5) If you could make one unlimited wish, what would you wish for? [ex. world peace, total domination, love, wealth, etc.]That everyone could be happy and content, and see their dreams come true. (this is of course with the caveat that their dreams are pleasant wonderful things, and not cruel or evil of course ;) )
[Same here! I want to reach my dreams some day! =D]Well that was it guys! What did I tell you AWESOME right?! Thanks Adrienne for kindly being on the HOT SEAT today! =D now...
About Adrienne's book, THE FRIDAY SOCIETY:
Be your own hero. An action-packed tale of gowns, guys, guns –and the heroines who use them all. Set in turn of the century London, The Friday Society follows the stories of three very intelligent and talented young women, all of whom are assistants to powerful men: Cora, lab assistant; Michiko, Japanese fight assistant; and Nellie, magician's assistant. The three young women's lives become inexorably intertwined after a chance meeting at a ball that ends with the discovery of a murdered mystery man. It's up to these three, in their own charming but bold way, to solve the murder–and the crimes they believe may be connected to it–without calling too much attention to themselves. Set in the past but with a modern irreverent flare, this Steampunk whodunit introduces three unforgettable and very ladylike–well, relatively ladylike–heroines poised for more dangerous adventures.
Enter, COMMENT & SPREAD the word!