Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (17) : The GATED TIMEKEEPER of SHADOWS!? + more COUNTDOWNS!

So lets start with my Waiting on Wednesday. I love doing this meme every wednesday. "Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted @ Bending the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
Gated by Amy Christine Parker
PUB DATE: August 27th 2013
Publisher: Random House Childrens
Pages: 384
SUMMARY:
Do the gates keep the unchosen out or the chosen in?
In Mandrodage Meadows, life seems perfect. The members of this isolated suburban community have thrived under Pioneer, the charismatic leader who saved them from their sad, damaged lives. Lyla Hamilton and her parents are original members of the flock. They moved here following the 9/11 terrorist attacks, looking to escape the evil in the world. Now seventeen, Lyla knows certain facts are not to be questioned:
Pioneer is her leader.
Will is her Intended.
The end of the world is near.
Like Noah before him, Pioneer has been told of the imminent destruction of humanity. He says his chosen must arm themselves to fight off the unchosen people, who will surely seek refuge in the compound's underground fortress--the Silo.
Lyla loves her family and friends, but given the choice, she prefers painting to target practice. And lately she'd rather think about a certain boy outside the compound than plan for married life in the Silo with Will. But with the end of days drawing near, she will have to pick up a gun, take a side, and let everyone know where she stands.
Why i am WAITING?
1) first of That cover is FREAKING AMAZING. Unique, Lovely, and BEAUTIFUL!
2) Also that Story sounds so creepy, yet enticing. It has a crazy leader, choices, and a girl i want to meet!
3) Line that got me?
"she prefers painting to target practice. And lately she'd rather think about a certain boy outside the compound than plan for married life in the Silo with Will."
Yeah I NEED SO BAD! @_@
Timekeeper (Timeless #2) by Alexandra Monir
PUB DATE: January 8th 2013
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Pages: 288
SUMMARY:
When Philip Walker appears as a new student in Michele Windsor's high school class, she is floored. He is the love she thought she lost forever when they said goodbye during her time travels last century.
Overjoyed that they can resume the relationship they had a lifetime ago, Michele eagerly approaches him and discovers the unthinkable: he doesn't remember her. In fact, he doesn't seem to remember anything about the Philip Walker of 1910.
Michele then finds her father's journals, which tell stories of his time-traveling past. As she digs deeper, she learns about his entanglement with a mysterious and powerful organization called the Time Society and his dealings with a vengeful Windsor ancestor. Michele soon finds herself at the center of a rift over 120 years in the making, one whose resolution will have life-or-death consequences.
Alexandra Monir's Timekeeper combines breathtaking romance with a tale of complex magic in a sequel that will have every reader believing in the transcendent power of love.
Why i am WAITING?
1) I LOVED the 1st book to death! It was a random Library pick, and guess wat I LOVED IT! [Review here]
2) I so was happy & EXCITED that the 1st book wasn't the END. I Need more PHILIP & the twist (no memory) LOVE IT!!
3) Plus there was an excerpt on the Goodreads page before & I read it & was like NEED *hyperventilating* NOW!!!
Shadows (The Rephaim #1) by Paula Weston
PUB DATE: January 3rd 2013 (UK)
Publisher: Corgi Children's Books/Random House Children's Publishing
Sept 10th 2013(US/CAN-Tundra Books)
Pages: 334
SUMMARY:
Love. Nightmares. Angels. War. A fast-paced, compelling debut novel from a fresh new voice in YA.
It's been almost a year since Gaby Winters was in the car crash that killed her twin brother, Jude. Her body has healed in the sunshine of Pandanus Beach, but her grief is raw and constant.
It doesn't help that every night in her dreams she kills demons and other hell-spawn. And then Rafa comes to town. Not only does he look exactly like the guy who's been appearing in Gaby's dreams, he claims a history with her brother that makes no sense.
Gaby is forced to accept that what she thought she knew about herself and her life is only a shadow of the truth - and that the truth is more likely to be found in the shadows of her nightmares.
Who is Rafa? Who are the Rephaim? And most importantly - who can she trust?
Why i am WAITING?
1) Hello?! Angel book with a twist. War, Nightmares, Love! 3 things I LOVE in a book!
2) That cover is SO BEAUTIFUL! The almost translucent red wings + sunset + frail looking girl = AWESOME!
3) It also come out SEPTEMBER 2013!! I know it says Jan but I asked, look:
Countdowns! Just grab 'em =D
This is the countdown until it hits the USA!!
ADD them, snazz up ur blog! And for more countdowns, head over to the "ADD A BOOK COUNTDOWN" page!! ^_^
That's what I'm waiting on. What r u waiting on? Leave links!

11 comments:

  1. I'm dying to read all of these. Thanks for sharing. Great picks that are now on my TBR list.

    Here's mine

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for adding my book, GATED, to your list! Can't wait until you can read it either:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that cover of Gated is so beautiful and those eyes just staring at you...
    & I can't wait to read Timekeeper too! (:
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover of Gated is gorgeous! And it sounds like something I would love reading! I hadn't heard of it before! Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    Nikki H @ Take Me Away...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not read Timeless but want to. And Shadows look pretty interesting :)! Awesome choices you have here.

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeeppp!!!! Gated sounds awesome! Great picks! :D

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm sad to hear you didn't hear good things about Crash but I'm glad that you also love forbidden romances. I'd hate to be the only one.

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some pretty amazing choices for your WoW this week! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of good stuff! I've added Gated to my TBR. It sounds a little cliche, but I think if the execution is done correctly, it'll be phenomenal. And the last line is what really caught my attention, "she'll have to pick up a gun". Yes! Picking up guns! ;) I love kick-butt girls, and I think the main character of Gated is most definitely going to be kick-butt.

    I really do need to pick up Timeless! I've seen so many gushing reviews of that one, and it definitely seems like you enjoyed that one. =) I'll have to grab a copy the next time I go to the library.

    Fantastic picks! Thanks for sharing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks! I haven't heard of any of these yet actually. Gated especially sounds really good and creepy.

    Thanks for visiting my post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh! Awesome picks :D Gated looks amazing. Pretty cover. They all are :) I hope you enjoy them all sweetie. <3 :)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.