What would you do if the world as you know it ended in an instant? How far would you go to survive? Cassidy Hart is your typical High School graduate: A little shy, a little sarcastic, and a little naive. But when an electromagnetic pulse takes down the United States, she's forced to kick into full survival mode when she gets separated from her father.Yeah. Things suck.But with the help of a handsome soldier named Chris, she just might find her dad without getting into serious trouble. Emphasis on might. Oh. And there's the matter of avoiding getting killed in a world that's quickly turned into an active war zone.It's going to change Cassidy's life.It's going to be a major pain in the butt.
1) If you had to describe yourself in just one word, what would it be and why?Imaginative. I am like an overgrown five year-old. If you sit me down in a classroom the first thing I'll start doing is staring out the window and daydreaming. I have a big imagination, and the only way I know how to deal with that is to write about all the things going on inside my head! :)
2) Can you tell me what inspired it you to write STATE OF EMERGENCY?Two things: First, I needed to write a book for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). Second, this was during the week that hurricane Sandy was really hitting the East Coast hard. I saw on the news that a "State of Emergency" had been declared, and those two things got me started on this story about a girl who is thrown into a nationwide state of emergency and has to survive.
3) Okay, when you saw the cover to your book, what was your initial reaction?I was so happy!! I love book covers. I almost went with a picture of a girl on the front of the book - which I still think might have been pretty cool - but I thought the picture of the abandoned car with the city in the distance gave people a better idea of what the story was about. By the way, the city in the background represents Los Angeles. :)
4) If you were stranded on a deserted island what 3 things would you want to bring with you?
5) Is there a song you could list as the theme song for your book or any of your characters?I've been asked this one before and I really liked "Uprising" by Muse. I like so many songs, though! I'm completely obsessed with Ed Sheeran right now, and I think the "A Team" is kind of interesting song about a girl struggling to keep it together...could apply to anybody.
6) What is one of your most favorite Quotes?
Thanks you Summer for the Interview and don't forget to ADD THIS BOOK to your Goodreads Shelf or BUY IT! :D
About the Author:
Summer Lane is the author of the YA/NA Dystopian Romance, State of Emergency. She is a freelance writer, editor and lover of all things feline. Summer is also the author of Snappy Social Networking: How to Dominate the Blogosphere & Everything in Between. In her spare time, Summer is the creator of the online magazine/blog, Writing Belle, in addition to being a frequent contributor at NA Alley, a website dedicated to all things New Adult. Summer began writing when she was 13 years old, due to the fact that the long afternoons after school were somewhat boring, and writing stories seemed to make the time pass a little quicker. Since then she has written many books about jungle cats, secret agents, princesses and spaceships. She is also a non-fiction writer, but her debut novel, State of Emergency, is her favorite book yet. You can find Summer hopping around on the Internet by following her on Twitter @SummerEllenLane, or on Facebook: Writing Belle.Find and Follow her on: Facebook / Twitter / Goodreads / Website
Thanks for stopping by and what do YOU think? INTERESTING?