Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (18) : BURNING STRANGELETS of MARCO IMPOSSIBLE + Countdowns!

So lets start with my Waiting on Wednesday. I love doing this meme every wednesday. "Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted @ Bending the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
Burning by Elana K. Arnold
PUB DATE: June 11th 2013
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Pages: 320
SUMMARY:
Ben: Having just graduated from high school, Ben is set to leave Gypsum, Nevada. It's good timing since the gypsum mine that is the lifeblood of the area is closing, shutting the whole town down with it. Ben is lucky: he's headed to San Diego, where he's got a track scholarship at the University of California. But his best friends, Pete and Hog Boy, don't have college to look forward to, so to make them happy, Ben goes with them to check out the hot chick parked on the side of Highway 447.
Lala: She and her Gypsy family earn money by telling fortunes. Some customers choose Tarot cards; others have their palms read. The thousands of people attending the nearby Burning Man festival spend lots of cash--especially as Lala gives uncanny readings. But lately Lala's been questioning whether there might be more to life than her upcoming arranged marriage.
And the day she reads Ben's cards is the day that everything changes for her. . . and for him.
Why i am WAITING?
1) first of the cover with the light reflection & color is AWESOME!! The font is catchy too ;)
2) Uhm, HELLO!?! GYPSIES = LOVE (never read about any)
3) Line that got me?
"And the day she reads Ben's cards is the day that everything changes for her. . . and for him"
Like HOW?! It sounds like the perfect Summer read! =D
Strangelets by Michelle Gagnon
PUB DATE: April 9th 2013
Publisher: Soho Teen
Pages: ---
SUMMARY:
17-year-old Sophie lies on her deathbed in California, awaiting the inevitable loss of her battle with cancer…
17-year-old Declan stares down two armed thugs in a back alley in Galway, Ireland…
17-year-old Anat attempts to traverse a booby-trapped tunnel between Israel and Egypt…
All three strangers should have died at the exact same moment, thousands of miles apart. Instead, they awaken together in an abandoned hospital—only to discover that they’re not alone. Three other teens from different places on the globe are trapped with them. Somebody or something seems to be pulling the strings. With their individual clocks ticking, they must band together if they’re to have any hope of surviving.
Soon they discover that they've been trapped in a future that isn't of their making: a deadly, desolate world at once entirely familiar and utterly strange. Each teen harbors a secret, but only one holds the key that could get them home.
As the truth comes to light through the eyes of Sophie, Declan, and Anat, the reader is taken on a dark and unforgettable journey into the hearts of teens who must decide what to do with a second chance at life.
Why i am WAITING?
1) I haven't read anything by Michelle but i really want to read this one! The cover is so weird & creepy which fits the story! =D
2) OMG! This book sounds like it's going to have MULTIPLE POV's So <3 it already plus each teen's story sounds interesting.
3) Also hello CREEPY to just wake up in a strange hospital so close to death >_< LOVE IT!
Marco Impossible by Hannah Moskowitz
PUB DATE: March 19th 2013
Publisher: Roaring Brook Press
Pages: 256
SUMMARY:
Best friends Stephen and Marco attempt a go-for-broke heist to break into the high school prom and get Marco onstage to confess his love for (and hopefully steal the heart of) Benji, the adorable exchange student and bass player of the prom band.
Why i am WAITING?
1) like OMG LOVE the cover with the bomb and the heart is the one that ignites it!
2) This book sounds COMPLETELY different from wat I've seen around. PLUS It's Hannah, whom is always FUNNY & I'm hoping this one will have her charm & wit!
3) Love the idea of just going RANDOM & Exposing urself, especially at prom!
Countdowns TIME!
Like them? ADD them & snazz up ur blog! Just head over to the "ADD A BOOK COUNTDOWN" page and GRAB IT!! ^_^
That's what I'm waiting on. What r u waiting on? Leave links & GRAB some AWESOME countdowns!

10 comments:

  1. I've not heard of any of these titles but reading there summaries they all sound incredibly interesting, and I'm already a fan of there covers! Amazing choices! I put Burning and Strangelets on my TBR list!! :)

    -Dear, Restless Reader

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eee! Burning looks absolutely fantastic, Lisseth! I REALLY wanna read it now, LOL. I'm not sure about the other two, but like you said...GYPSIES!!!!!! And the cover is absolutely GORGEOUS. Thanks for stopping by my WoW, Lizzy, and Burning is on my TBR NOW! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of the first 2 but now I want them. Yes, Gypsies sound awesome!
    Great picks and Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Burning sounds fascinating, especially since I wonder how the girl being a Gypsy will effect them. I also love your countdowns! (;
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are new to me but all of them sound awesome! I'll have to look more into them! Great picks! LOVE the cover of Burning. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Old follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for stopping by my blog. ;)

    I have never heard of these books or the authors but they sounds amazing. Thanks for sharing. I added Burning and Strangelets to my TBR list.

    Beckie @ Bittersweet Enchantment

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by!

    These books are all new to me, but I'm most intrigued by Strangelets. But because they both sound great, they'll be taking up residence on my TBR list!

    Lust For Stories

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice picks Lisseth! They each sound great in their own unique ways. Strangelets is definitely the oddest of the bunch, it sounds so strange and eerie that I am utterly intrigued!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW! Hope your New Year is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely some interesting reads here. I'm not too sure they're quite up my alley though. I'll be looking for reviews on them for sure... Great picks!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Annuities turn an individual's savings in a defined contribution scheme, the trustees of which use one of the most vulnerable. The Government should put much insurance comparison sites more of the above. It launched an internet banking arm last year and the equity interest will exceed $5. Your current income and lifestyle are two main types of insurance comparison sites income protection available.

    Here is my web-site http://bestcarinsurancerates.org/

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.