Burning by Elana K. Arnold
Ben: Having just graduated from high school, Ben is set to leave Gypsum, Nevada. It's good timing since the gypsum mine that is the lifeblood of the area is closing, shutting the whole town down with it. Ben is lucky: he's headed to San Diego, where he's got a track scholarship at the University of California. But his best friends, Pete and Hog Boy, don't have college to look forward to, so to make them happy, Ben goes with them to check out the hot chick parked on the side of Highway 447. Lala: She and her Gypsy family earn money by telling fortunes. Some customers choose Tarot cards; others have their palms read. The thousands of people attending the nearby Burning Man festival spend lots of cash--especially as Lala gives uncanny readings. But lately Lala's been questioning whether there might be more to life than her upcoming arranged marriage. And the day she reads Ben's cards is the day that everything changes for her. . . and for him.
1) first of the cover with the light reflection & color is AWESOME!! The font is catchy too ;)
2) Uhm, HELLO!?! GYPSIES = LOVE (never read about any)
3) Line that got me?"And the day she reads Ben's cards is the day that everything changes for her. . . and for him"Like HOW?! It sounds like the perfect Summer read! =D
Strangelets by Michelle Gagnon
17-year-old Sophie lies on her deathbed in California, awaiting the inevitable loss of her battle with cancer… 17-year-old Declan stares down two armed thugs in a back alley in Galway, Ireland… 17-year-old Anat attempts to traverse a booby-trapped tunnel between Israel and Egypt… All three strangers should have died at the exact same moment, thousands of miles apart. Instead, they awaken together in an abandoned hospital—only to discover that they’re not alone. Three other teens from different places on the globe are trapped with them. Somebody or something seems to be pulling the strings. With their individual clocks ticking, they must band together if they’re to have any hope of surviving. Soon they discover that they've been trapped in a future that isn't of their making: a deadly, desolate world at once entirely familiar and utterly strange. Each teen harbors a secret, but only one holds the key that could get them home. As the truth comes to light through the eyes of Sophie, Declan, and Anat, the reader is taken on a dark and unforgettable journey into the hearts of teens who must decide what to do with a second chance at life.
1) I haven't read anything by Michelle but i really want to read this one! The cover is so weird & creepy which fits the story! =D
2) OMG! This book sounds like it's going to have MULTIPLE POV's So <3 it already plus each teen's story sounds interesting.
3) Also hello CREEPY to just wake up in a strange hospital so close to death >_< LOVE IT!
Marco Impossible by Hannah Moskowitz
Best friends Stephen and Marco attempt a go-for-broke heist to break into the high school prom and get Marco onstage to confess his love for (and hopefully steal the heart of) Benji, the adorable exchange student and bass player of the prom band.
1) like OMG LOVE the cover with the bomb and the heart is the one that ignites it!
2) This book sounds COMPLETELY different from wat I've seen around. PLUS It's Hannah, whom is always FUNNY & I'm hoping this one will have her charm & wit!
3) Love the idea of just going RANDOM & Exposing urself, especially at prom!
That's what I'm waiting on. What r u waiting on? Leave links & GRAB some AWESOME countdowns!