Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (20): The DISTANCE BETWEEN the DEAD ROMANTIC!

So lets start with my Waiting on Wednesday. I love doing this meme every wednesday. "Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted @ Bending the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
The Distance Between Us by Kasie West
PUB DATE: July 2nd 2013
Publisher: Harper Teen
Pages: 320
SUMMARY:
Seventeen-year-old Caymen Meyers studies the rich like her own personal science experiment, and after years of observation she’s pretty sure they’re only good for one thing—spending money on useless stuff, like the porcelain dolls in her mother’s shop.
So when Xander Spence walks into the store to pick up a doll for his grandmother, it only takes one glance for Caymen to figure out he’s oozing rich. Despite his charming ways and that he’s one of the first people who actually gets her, she’s smart enough to know his interest won’t last. Because if there’s one thing she’s learned from her mother’s warnings, it’s that the rich have a short attention span. But Xander keeps coming around, despite her best efforts to scare him off. And much to her dismay, she's beginning to enjoy his company.
She knows her mom can’t find out—she wouldn’t approve. She’d much rather Caymen hang out with the local rocker who hasn’t been raised by money. But just when Xander’s attention and loyalty are about to convince Caymen that being rich isn’t a character flaw, she finds out that money is a much bigger part of their relationship than she’d ever realized. And that Xander’s not the only one she should’ve been worried about.
Why i am WAITING?
1) Saw the cover & the fonts and i was CAUGHT! I LOVE the color scheme and picture!
2) Sounds like another interesting contemporary and i like the last line:
"But just when Xander’s attention and loyalty are about to convince Caymen that being rich isn’t a character flaw, she finds out that money is a much bigger part of their relationship than she’d ever realized. And that Xander’s not the only one she should’ve been worried about."
Um, I can see this is going to be a bumpy ride plus kinda mysterious too.
3) I love books that brake the social norm and barriers.
Dead Romantic by C.J. Skuse
PUB DATE: February 4th 2013
Publisher: The Chicken House
Pages: 328
SUMMARY:
Camille wants to find the perfect boy, with an athlete's body and a poet's brain. But when she's mocked at a college party, she kows there isn't a boy alive who'll ever measure up. Enter Zoe, her brilliant but strange best friend, who takes biology homework to a whole new level. She can create Camille's dream boy, Frankenstein-stylee. But can she make him love her?
Why i am WAITING?
1) I LOVED C.J. Skuse's other book ROCKOHOLIC and i FREAKED when i found out she had another book coming out!
2) That cover is so creepy yet chic and cool! Love the stitches :D
3) Um, HELLO!?! They are making a boy Frankenstein way!!! That is so weird, absurd, and I SO WANT to read it also will he love her??? O_-
That's what I'm waiting on. What r u waiting on? Leave links!! ^_^

6 comments:

  1. I am so in love with that cover. I would buy it just for that purpose :p But the book sounds amazing! I can't wait to read it either! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see Dead Romantic but that one sounds really intriguing! Love the concept! And I refuse to get google plus :p but thanks for adding me :) I had it once and it just messed up everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Dead Romantic sounds AWESOME. And i don't have google plus either but in my email i just click so i don't really know y it's there. I just like to follow cool people :D

      Delete
  3. I WILL PROBABLY DIE WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON The Distance Between Us. It sounds fabulous, and I LOVE YOU for bringing it to my attention. LOL. I love the new image scrollers! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered the Distance Between US, and it looks so great. Plus, I just read Pivot Point by Kasie and it was great, so I'm looking forward to another book by her!

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW at YA Sisterhood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, love both of your picks. So excited for them. Yay =D

    Here's my WoW!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.