Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (21) : Why is this one dealing with Death? O_O

So lets start with my Waiting on Wednesday. I love doing this meme every wednesday. "Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted @ Bending the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
Oddly enough this week it's two books centered around death or accidents...O_O Yes, i tis in a mood :P
The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die by April Henry
PUB DATE: June 11th 2013
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)
Pages: 224
SUMMARY:
When Cady wakes up, she has no memory of who she is. All she knows is that there is a pillowcase over her head and a person in the room has instructed another to “take her out back and finish her off.” Cady must find a way to save herself. But how can she do this when she doesn’t even know her name?
April Henry has written another nail-biting suspense thriller that explores such themes as murder, memory loss, identity theft, and biological warfare. As with her other novels, her strong female protagonist joins forces with a teen guy and together they race against the clock to stay alive and save Cady's missing family.
Why i am WAITING?
1) Um, HELLO!?! That cover is SO Creepy and interesting! Love the torn paper effect to make it seem like her identity was taken :)
2) This book has the things I LOVE in any thriller:
"murder, memory loss, identity theft, and biological warfare"
3) I WANT TO KNOW what "Cody" and her the teen guy with her have to uncover. I don't generally read many thrillers but I SO WANT TO READ THIS ONE NOW!! :D
Radiant by Christina Daley
PUB DATE: February 12th 2013
Publisher: Christina Daley
Pages: 300
SUMMARY:
Mary is part Vietnamese. Carter is a complete jerk. Normally, they don't talk much.
But when Mary's in an accident on the way to school one morning, Carter nearly dies saving her life. The doctors say his chances of living are slim, and Mary's feeling the full weight of survivor's guilt.
However, Carter's back at school in a matter of days, as if nothing had happened. Although, he is a little "glitchy," and he's developed a sudden and intense interest in Mary. She thinks he's suffering from major brain trauma from the accident. Or that he's been possessed.
As it so happens, Carter really is possessed. And the thing controlling him is having the time of its life learning to be human.
Featuring a diverse cast of characters, RADIANT is a funny and heartfelt story about being human, being in love, and being healed.
Why i am WAITING?
1) I LOVE this self pub cover it's so radiant! The hands in yellow really stand out with the blue font! GORGEOUS ^_^
2) What i like about this book is that it has a diversity in the MC of the books. Line that caught my eye:
"Mary is part Vietnamese. Carter is a complete jerk. Normally, they don't talk much."
3) What I want to KNOW BADLY is what the heck is possessing Carter!?!?! See y:
"As it so happens, Carter really is possessed. And the thing controlling him is having the time of its life learning to be human."
That's what I'm waiting on. What r u waiting on? Leave links!! ^_^

8 comments:

  1. Wow ... both books sound amazing! I'm definitely adding them near the top of my TBR pile. Thanks for sharing and introducing me to two new authors and books. :)

    Raina @ TheLUV'NV — My WoW
    (Old follower)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one looks sooo creepy (you're definitely right about the cover!). Looks like a good Thriller. The second is something I'd definitely read! Sounds like an emotional, sweet contemporary. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the first one sounds crazing awesome. Now I've gotta read it! Hope you enjoy it when you get to read it! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! Radiant does look good-- and I love the pun, LOL! It'll be interesting to read about a girl who's vietnamese-- you don't see very many MC's of different backgrounds. Fab picks, Lisseth! (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Girl Who's Supposed to Die looks sooooo scary! But the good kind of scary. Like American Horror Story! An awesome pick for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!!!! Both of these picks sound freaking AMAZING!!!!!!!!! :D Awesome awesome choices! So adding both of these to the top of my waiting list! Thanks for sharing hun! (:

    Haley @ YA-Aholic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks! I love thrillers and "The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die" sounds awesome! Definitely my kind of book. "Radiant" sounds interesting too... I'd be curious to find out what or who is possessing Carter.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the lovely WoW feature on your beautiful blog Lisseth, and a pleasure to meet you all :) I'm glad you like the cover for RADIANT, and I hope you'll enjoy reading it when it goes live in a couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.