Monday, February 25, 2013

BLOG TOUR : Ashes & Ice by Rochelle Maya Callen [Author Interview + Offer!]

Today we're taking part of the ASHES & ICE blog Tour hosted by Lady Amber's Book Tours! For the FULL TOUR Schedule click the banner above.

PUB DATE: February 4th 2013
Publisher: C&C Legacy Publishing
Genre: Young Adult
Pages: 285
Series: Ashes and Ice #1
She is desperate to remember.
He is aching to forget.
Together, they are not broken.
But together, one may not survive.
​Jade wakes up with no memory of her past and blood on her hands.
Plagued by wicked thoughts, she searches for answers. Instead, she finds a boy who doesn't offer her answers, but hope. But sometimes, when nightmares turn into reality and death follows you everywhere, hope is not enough. 
LUST. LOVE. LOSS. Sometimes, all that is left are Ashes and Ice.

**Note: During the tour the book will be at $2.99! But RIGHT NOW it's still at .99 CENTS!!! Let me tell you this book was full of twists, scares, and love! IT WAS EPICLY AWESOME, READ it now & TAKE THE OFFER NOW! (Click the button below)**

1) If you had to describe yourself in just one word, what would it be and why?
Geektastic
2) Can you tell me what inspired it you to write ASHES & ICE?
When I was 12 years old I thought up a girl with green eyes, black hair. The image in my head was the girl standing in an alley and she was being chased. I made a rough character sketch and left it alone. When I was 22 (2 years after college) I found the character sketch. It took me a long time to flesh out her character and her world. I owe it all to the 12 year old me. :)
3) Okay, when you saw the cover to your book, what was your initial reaction?
I actually had a lot of input. I found the photographer's base image (girl behind ice). I then found a designer to add tone, green eyes, and the tear. We went through a couple of versions, but he did an awesome job and once it was done I was in love with it! I hope book two's is just as pretty!
4) Is there a song you could list as the theme song for your book or any of your characters?
No Fear of Heights by Katie Melua and Who am I to say by Hope for Jade. Changed By You by Between the Trees. [OMG I LOVE the NO FEAR OF HEIGHTS, so right for Jade!]
5) What is one of your most favorite Quotes?
I have many favorite quotes. One is from Helen Keller:
"Believe. No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the human spirit."

Thanks you Rochelle for the Interview and don't forget to ADD THIS BOOK to your Goodreads Shelf or BUY IT! :D
About the Author:

Rochelle grew up dreaming up stories. When she entered high school, she tucked away her creative side and jumped head-first into academics, work, and service projects. She graduated summa cum laude with a degree in Political Science and Communication when she was twenty years old.
After years away from her writing, Rochelle picked up a pen and started fleshing out a character sketch that she outlined when she was twelve. That sketch was the start of the Ashes and Ice story. Rochelle lives in the DC metro area with her husband and daughter. By day she works as a behavioral therapist. By night, she is a dreamer and is busy tapping out new stories on her keyboard.
Find and Follow her on: Facebook / Twitter / Goodreads / Website
Thanks for stopping by and what do YOU think? Comment! :D

2 comments:

  1. This looks like an interesting book to read. Thanks for all the info on it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.