Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick
In addition to the P-38, there are four gifts, one for each of my friends. I want to say good-bye to them properly. I want to give them each something to remember me by. To let them know I really cared about them and I'm sorry I couldn't be more than I was—that I couldn't stick around—and that what's going to happen today isn't their fault. Today is Leonard Peacock's birthday. It is also the day he hides a gun in his backpack. Because today is the day he will kill his former best friend, and then himself, with his grandfather's P-38 pistol. But first he must say good-bye to the four people who matter most to him: his Humphrey Bogart-obsessed next-door neighbor, Walt; his classmate Baback, a violin virtuoso; Lauren, the Christian homeschooler he has a crush on; and Herr Silverman, who teaches the high school's class on the Holocaust. Speaking to each in turn, Leonard slowly reveals his secrets as the hours tick by and the moment of truth approaches. In this riveting book, acclaimed author Matthew Quick unflinchingly examines the impossible choices that must be made—and the light in us all that never goes out.
1) :O Jaw drop Im kinda scared and excited for this book. It sounds like its going to be a great read but it'll probably have me in a mess wondering what would happen next!
2) Okay so he's going to "gift" people before he leaves...what is he going to leave them with? O_-
3) I'm already in a mess about this because i want to know DOES HE DO IT!?!?! Seriously interested to get into this guys head!
Surfacing by Nora Raleigh Baskin
A lyrical and deeply moving portrait of grief, blame, and forgiveness, and of finding the courage to confront your ghosts — one truth at a time. As soon as she was under, Maggie heard the quiet, though every sound was amplified in her ears and in her brain...Sound, like shame, travels four times faster under the water. Though only a sophomore, Maggie Paris is a star on the varsity swim team, but she also has an uncanny, almost magical ability to draw out people’s deepest truths, even when they don’t intend to share them. It’s reached a point where most of her classmates, all but her steadfast best friend, now avoid her, and she’s taken to giving herself away every chance she gets to an unavailable — and ungrateful — popular boy from the wrestling team, just to prove she still exists. Even Maggie’s parents, who are busy avoiding each other and the secret deep at the heart of their devastated family, seem wary of her. Is there such a thing as too much truth?
1) Okay first though: SHES A MERMAID. I mean: magical ability to take out ur truths, swim team, and family secret. Just saying.
2) I like that last sentence to the summary, makes me think:Is there such a thing as too much truth?
3) LOVE the cover. It looks so different and simple yet elegant and mysterious. Love the font and hoping to love the story! :D
The Haven by Carol Lynch Williams
For the teens at The Haven, the outside world, just beyond the towering stone wall that surrounds the premises, is a dangerous unknown. It has always been this way, ever since the hospital was established in the year 2020. But The Haven is more than just a hospital; it is their home. It is all they know. Everything is strictly monitored: education, exercise, food, and rest. The rules must be followed to keep the children healthy, to help control the Disease that has cast them as Terminals, the Disease that claims limbs and lungs—and memories. But Shiloh is different; she remembers everything. Gideon is different, too. He dreams of a cure, of rebellion against the status quo. What if everything they’ve been told is a lie? What if The Haven is not the safe place it claims to be? And what will happen if Shiloh starts asking dangerous questions?
1) WOAH, WOAH, WOAH! This book sounds creepy and exciting! I love the "jail" kinda feel im getting. Also everything is controled and there in there like patients but still creepy to have everything decided for you.
2) Also this disease sounds uber scary and cool:"the Disease that has cast them as Terminals, the Disease that claims limbs and lungs—and memories.Anything that takes my memories scares me O_O
3) The Cover ROCKS! I like the jail feel and the lonely girl in the mist. Also romance! I hope since it mentions a girl & a guy :P
That's what I'm waiting on. What r u waiting on? Leave links!! ^_^