Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars #2) by Diana Peterfreund
Centuries after wars nearly destroyed civilization, the two islands of New Pacifica stand alone, a terraformed paradise where even the Reduction—the devastating brain disorder that sparked the wars—is a distant memory. Yet on the isle of Galatea, an uprising against the ruling aristocrats has turned deadly. The revolutionaries’ weapon is a drug that damages their enemies’ brains, and the only hope is rescue by a mysterious spy known as the Wild Poppy. On the neighboring island of Albion, no one suspects that the Wild Poppy is actually famously frivolous aristocrat Persis Blake. The teenager uses her shallow, socialite trappings to hide her true purpose: her gossipy flutternotes are encrypted plans, her pampered sea mink is genetically engineered for spying, and her well-publicized new romance with handsome Galatean medic Justen Helo… is her most dangerous mission ever. Though Persis is falling for Justen, she can’t risk showing him her true self, especially once she learns he’s hiding far more than simply his disenchantment with his country’s revolution and his undeniable attraction to the silly socialite he’s pretending to love. His darkest secret could plunge both islands into a new dark age, and Persis realizes that when it comes to Justen Helo, she’s not only risking her heart, she’s risking the world she’s sworn to protect. In this thrilling adventure inspired by The Scarlet Pimpernel, Diana Peterfreund creates an exquisitely rendered world where nothing is as it seems and two teens with very different pasts fight for a future only they dare to imagine.
1) AH! Can i just say that when I saw "For Dakness shows the stars #1" on goodreads & realized there would be MORE, i was like:
2) I love that there will be: deception, the return to that world, and the secrets. All which made me love the first book.
3) And lastly because I LOVED FOR DARKNESS SHOWS THE STARS x 1,000!! It was Ah-Ma-Zing. Can not wait to see what Diana will do in this book :) [REVIEW HERE]
Desert Tales by Melissa Marr
Return to the world of Melissa Marr’s bestselling series and discover how the events of Wicked Lovely set a different faery tale in motion…. The Mojave Desert was a million miles away from the plots and schemes of the Faerie Courts—and that’s exactly why Rika chose it as her home. The once-mortal faery retreated to the desert’s isolation after decades of carrying winter’s curse inside her body. But her seclusion—and the freedom of the desert fey—are threatened by the Summer King’s newfound strength. And when the manipulations of her trickster friend, Sionnach, thrust Rika into a new romance, she finds new power within herself—and a new desire to help Sionnach protect the desert fey and mortals alike. The time for hiding is OVER. Originally presented as a manga series, and now available for the first time as a standalone novel, Desert Tales combines tentative romance, outward strength, and inner resolve in a faery story of desert and destiny.
1) You see this was a MANGA before and though i love manga, i never picked it up. But now it's coming out in book form and DYING to return to the wicked lovely world.
2) This book sounds so diffferent, i guess since it's in the desert and the MC isn't backing down. I like me some strong MC's :)
3) Ah, but it's Melissa Marr there MUST be a romance. I am hoping it's a sweet romance and with no complication, but you NEVER KNOW ;)
That's what I'm waiting on. What r u waiting on? Leave links!! ^_^