Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller
Stolen as a child from her large and loving family, and on the run with her mom for more than ten years, Callie has only the barest idea of what normal life might be like. She's never had a home, never gone to school, and has gotten most of her meals from laundromat vending machines. Her dreams are haunted by memories she’d like to forget completely. But when Callie’s mom is finally arrested for kidnapping her, and Callie’s real dad whisks her back to what would have been her life, in a small town in Florida, Callie must find a way to leave the past behind. She must learn to be part of a family. And she must believe that love--even with someone who seems an improbable choice--is more than just a possibility. Trish Doller writes incredibly real teens, and this searing story of love, betrayal, and how not to lose your mind will resonate with readers who want their stories gritty and utterly true.
1) I haven't read her debut book BUT i so NEED too because this book sounds like the intense contemporary books I love!
2) WOAH her mom STEALS her away from her family and then arrested, and life goes on...that's sure to mess a girl up :P
3) Quote that got me hooked ,"She must learn to be part of a family. And she must believe that love--even with someone who seems an improbable choice--is more than just a possibility"Also I am SO LOVING the fun and Lemon schemed cover! *I LOVE lemons O_O* plus the font's in PURPLE! *I love purple :P*
Leap of Faith by Jamie Blair
Now that Leah Kurtz has a place to call home, there’s no way she can tell the truth. That her name is Faith, not Leah. That she’s seventeen, not nineteen. That the baby isn’t hers—she kidnapped her. She had to kidnap Addy though. She couldn’t let her newborn sister grow up like she did, with parties where the drugs flow all night and an empty refrigerator in the kitchen holding nothing but pickle juice and ketchup packets inside. She can’t risk losing Chris—the only guy she’s ever given herself to completely—by telling him she’s been lying. He’s the most generous person she’s ever known, and he’s already suffered the tragic deaths of his mom and infant sister. But being on the run with a newborn catches up with her when a cop starts asking questions, and Chris’s aunt finds a newspaper article about Faith and a missing baby. Faith knows it’s time to run again—from Chris and the only place that’s ever felt like home.(
1) Me after I finished reading the summary, KIDNAPPING her OWN SISTER and then losing the guy she loves...
2) Why do you want me to CRY! I just know i am going to cry my eyes out because I haven't even read it and I am FILLED with emotion!
3) Oh my goat cheese INEED this book, i need a break me down kinda book filled with hard choices! :)
That's what I'm waiting on. What r u waiting on? Leave links!! ^_^