Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (25) : STARS SHINE, have FAITH, and get kidnapped! :)

So lets start with my Waiting on Wednesday. I love doing this meme every wednesday. "Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted @ Bending the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
This week's WoW are two great books i can not STOP thinking about! :)
Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller
PUB DATE: September 24th 2013
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Pages: 216
SUMMARY:
Stolen as a child from her large and loving family, and on the run with her mom for more than ten years, Callie has only the barest idea of what normal life might be like. She's never had a home, never gone to school, and has gotten most of her meals from laundromat vending machines.
Her dreams are haunted by memories she’d like to forget completely. But when Callie’s mom is finally arrested for kidnapping her, and Callie’s real dad whisks her back to what would have been her life, in a small town in Florida, Callie must find a way to leave the past behind.
She must learn to be part of a family. And she must believe that love--even with someone who seems an improbable choice--is more than just a possibility.
Trish Doller writes incredibly real teens, and this searing story of love, betrayal, and how not to lose your mind will resonate with readers who want their stories gritty and utterly true.
Why i am WAITING?
1) I haven't read her debut book BUT i so NEED too because this book sounds like the intense contemporary books I love!
2) WOAH her mom STEALS her away from her family and then arrested, and life goes on...that's sure to mess a girl up :P
3) Quote that got me hooked ,
"She must learn to be part of a family. And she must believe that love--even with someone who seems an improbable choice--is more than just a possibility"
Also I am SO LOVING the fun and Lemon schemed cover! *I LOVE lemons O_O* plus the font's in PURPLE! *I love purple :P*
Leap of Faith by Jamie Blair
PUB DATE: September 3rd 2013
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young
Pages: 256
SUMMARY:
Now that Leah Kurtz has a place to call home, there’s no way she can tell the truth.
That her name is Faith, not Leah.
That she’s seventeen, not nineteen.
That the baby isn’t hers—she kidnapped her.
She had to kidnap Addy though. She couldn’t let her newborn sister grow up like she did, with parties where the drugs flow all night and an empty refrigerator in the kitchen holding nothing but pickle juice and ketchup packets inside.
She can’t risk losing Chris—the only guy she’s ever given herself to completely—by telling him she’s been lying. He’s the most generous person she’s ever known, and he’s already suffered the tragic deaths of his mom and infant sister.
But being on the run with a newborn catches up with her when a cop starts asking questions, and Chris’s aunt finds a newspaper article about Faith and a missing baby. Faith knows it’s time to run again—from Chris and the only place that’s ever felt like home.(
Why i am WAITING?
1) Me after I finished reading the summary, KIDNAPPING her OWN SISTER and then losing the guy she loves...
2) Why do you want me to CRY! I just know i am going to cry my eyes out because I haven't even read it and I am FILLED with emotion!
3) Oh my goat cheese I NEED this book, i need a break me down kinda book filled with hard choices! :)
That's what I'm waiting on. What r u waiting on? Leave links!! ^_^

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic beat ! I would like to apprentice whilst you amend your site, how could i subscribe
    for a weblog website? The account aided me a acceptable deal.
    I had been a little bit familiar of this your broadcast offered vibrant transparent idea

    Feel free to visit my homepage fenetre pvc occasion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Link exchange is nothing else but it is just placing the other person's weblog link on your page at appropriate place and other person will also do similar for you.

    my webpage rail pour porte de garage coulissante

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.