There is no cure for being stung. Fiona doesn’t remember going to sleep. But when she opens her eyes, she discovers her entire world has been altered—her house is abandoned and broken, and the entire neighborhood is barren and dead. Even stranger is the tattoo on her right hand—a black oval with five marks on either side—that she doesn’t remember getting but somehow knows she must cover at any cost. She’s right. Those bearing the tattoo have turned into mindless, violent beasts that roam the streets and sewers, preying upon the unbranded while a select few live protected inside a fortress-like wall, their lives devoted to rebuilding society and killing all who bear the mark. Now Fiona has awakened branded, alone—and on the wrong side of the wall.
Now, the INTERVIEW:
1) If you had to describe yourself in just one word, what would it be and why?
2) Can you tell me what inspired it you to write STUNG?A few things inspired STUNG. The first was an early morning nightmare that woke me from a dead sleep (I usually don't wake up from nightmares, let alone remember them!). This nightmare was so vivid and riveting, I wrote it down and it became chapter one of STUNG. Also, I started writing this book at the time the swine flu scare was running rampant through the USA. I watched these crazy people on the news who were swarming the health departments, frantic to the point of violent to get the swine flu vaccine for their kids, and it made me wonder, "What if the government told us there is this huge flu to scare us into taking a vaccine that is really going to harm us?" And that is the recipe for STUNG!
3) Okay, when you saw the cover to your book, what was your initial reaction?
4) Is there a song you could list as the theme song for your book or any of your characters?The theme song for STUNG is SECRET CROWDS by ANGELS AND AIRWAVES. The reason? These lyrics:
5) What is one of your most favorite Quotes?“I glance over my shoulder. The window frames a face with smooth skin and hollow cheeks—a boy on the brink of manhood. He peels his lips back from his teeth and growls, and I stare into his brown eyes. For a moment it is like looking into a mirror, and I almost say his name. ”
About the Author:
Bethany Wiggins has always been an avid reader, but not an avid student. Seriously!!! She failed ninth grade English because she read novels instead of doing her homework. In high school, she sat alone at lunch and read massive hardback fantasy novels (Tad Williams and Robert Jordan anyone?). It wasn't until the end of her senior year that the other students realized she was reading fiction--not the Bible. Seven years ago, Bethany's sister dared her to start writing an hour a day until she completed a novel. Bethany wrote a seven-hundred page fantasy novel that she wisely let no one read--but it taught her how to write. Since then she has completed six more novels, each one a little better than the one before.The fifth book she wrote, "SHIFTING" is represented by Marlene Stringer of the Stringer Literary Agency and was published by Walked Book on Spetember 27, 2011!!! (Visualize happy dance (: )Find and Follow her on: Facebook / Twitter / Goodreads / Website
Thanks for stopping by and what do YOU think? Comment & ENTER! :D