Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday (28): Why do I only have ONE superpower? :/

So lets start with my Waiting on Wednesday. I love doing this meme every wednesday. "Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted @ Bending the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
This week's WoW is one I haven't seen around a lot but sounds freaking AWESOME :D
One by Leigh Ann Kopans
PUB DATE: June 11th 2013
Publisher: ---
Pages: 374
SUMMARY:
When having two powers makes you a Super and having none makes you a Normal, having only one makes you a sad half-superpowered freak.
It makes you a One.
Sixteen-year-old Merrin Grey would love to be able to fly – too bad all she can do is hover. If she could just land an internship at the Biotech Hub, she might finally figure out how to fix herself. She busts her butt in AP Chem and salivates over the Hub’s research on the manifestation of superpowers, all in hopes of boosting her chances.
Then she meets Elias VanDyne, another One, and all her carefully crafted plans fly out the window. Literally. When the two of them touch, their Ones combine to make them fly, and when they’re not soaring over the Nebraska cornfields, they’re busy falling for each other.
Merrin's mad chemistry skills land her a spot on the Hub's internship short list, but as she gets closer to the life she always wanted, she discovers that the Hub’s purpose is more sinister than it has always seemed.
Now it’s up to her to decide if it's more important to fly solo, or to save everything - and everyone - she loves.
Why i am WAITING?
Hmmm, let's see why am I waiting? BECAUSE THERE ARE FREAKING SUPERPOWERS!!!
I love books that involve superpowers especially flying because it would save me money on gas and take me where ever I wanted :D This book has that and then it has a whole world built up around it, where if you have "two powers makes you a Super and having none makes you a Normal, having only one makes you a sad half-superpowered freak". A one.
So interesting plus add a romance that i assume will be challenged because of Merrin's quest to be a normal SUPER and fix herself. Now that makes a pretty dang ENTICING book that I can not wait to read!!
Now, that cover...I LOVE IT!!! Seriously I love the geometric wings, so glad they put them becuase if not she would have looked possessed O_O But overall it goes GREAT with the story! :D
**Will be flying high until it comes out! :P**
That's what I'm waiting on. What r u waiting on? Leave links!! ^_^

5 comments:

  1. Omg! One looks incredible, and the ability to fly is ever hardly utilized in novels! I can't believe I haven't heard a thing about this book but it's totally going on my to-read list! Superpowers are always fascinating to read about and the cover is stunning, and since you mentioned the possession thing I can't stop laughing because the girl would look a little eerie without the wings! It sounds very unique - I love it!! :)

    Fantastic WoW choice Lisseth :-)

    My WoW!
    -Seirra @ Dear, Restless Reader

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This one sounds neat, and I love the cover! I'll have to add it to my list.

    Jennifer
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this book on a different blog (last week, maybe?) I don't remember but I saw it and insta-added it to my TBR list. It looks awesome!!

    My WOW

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this choice :) I was actually debating whether to choose One or Alienated as my WOW this week, LOL! Also adore your GIFs. I agree about the cover...lusting already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *waves hello* thank you SO MUCH everyone! What a sweet post, I'm SO honored! <3

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.