Saturday, April 13, 2013

BLOG TOUR: Otherborn by Anna Silver [REVIEW]


Today we're taking part of the OTHERBORN Blog Tour hosted by Anna Silver herself! For the FULL TOUR Schedule click the banner above. To find out more continue reading...

About OTHERBORN:

PUB DATE: April 4th 2013
Publisher: Sapphire Star Publishing
Series: Otherborn #1
Genre: Sci-fi / Dystopian YA
Pages: 290
Source: author for blog tour
GOODREADS | AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE
London and her teenage friends live in a reprocessed world.
Confined within Capital City’s concrete walls, London has done the impossible and the illegal. She’s created something New- a song. But her mentor, club owner Pauly, is not impressed. Since the historic Energy Crisis forced everyone behind walls generations ago, the Tycoons have ensured there is truly nothing new allowed under the sun. Pauly warns London to keep her song to herself, if she knows what’s good for her.
What he doesn’t know is that London is keeping an even bigger secret: she dreams. And she’s not alone. London’s band-mates and friends have begun dreaming as well, seeing themselves in “night pictures” as beings from another world. As Otherborn, they must piece together the story of their astral avatars, the Others, in order to save their world from a dreamless, hopeless future.
When Pauly is murdered and an Otherborn goes missing, London realizes someone is hunting them down. Escaping along the Outroads, they brave the deserted Houselands with only their dreams to guide them. Can they find their friend before the assassin finds them? Will being Otherborn save their lives, or destroy them?

My Review:
Okay, I normally don't tend to accept many review requests because of time BUT when I read the synopsis of this one I just knew I would enjoy it. And enjoy it I did!
One of the things that stood out to me was the world that Anna created in Otherborn. It was dark and if I lived there i wouldn't think i'd have coped. I need to dream and create, i'm an artist, like London. So I need my freedom and have the threat of disappearing....O_O yeah that's kinda a downer.
I loved that once you started reading you didn't feel disoriented as to what was going on. Instead it felt as if you were stepping through a door into another world that was scary but inviting.
Another aspect I liked were the characters and the story! The characters were all so different and interesting. I actually found myself connecting to London, which I haven't done with a character in a while :) As for the story it kept me on my toes. I didn't know what to expect but right from the start it get's you hooked in the mystery and the world!
Overall Verdict: I really enjoyed this book and think the author created a world that is both creative and scary. I really liked the characters and could not get enough of them :) I am really glad I took a chance to read this book. It's a great debut and I really want to see what's going to come next!!
4/5 stars :D

About the Author:


Anna Silver is an author and artist living in the greater Houston area with her family, pets, and overactive imagination. Her art has been featured in the Houston gallery Las Manos Magicas.
She studied English Writing & Rhetoric at St. Edward’s University. She's freelanced for private clients and small publications like the Hill Country Current. OTHERBORN is her first published novel. She is represented by Rebecca Podos and Nicole LaBombard of Rees Literary Agency.
Find and Follow her on: Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Website | Blog
Thanks for stopping by and what do YOU think? Comment!!!! :D

10 comments:

  1. This is so great, Lisseth! Thank you for a wonderful review and post! I hope you'll share it on Goodreads/Amazon/B&N and claim 10 entries in my Kindle Fire HD giveaway! http://www.annasilverauthor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked my review and I will! Thanks for checking out the stop Anna! MUCH BLOGGY <333!

      Delete
  2. Great review! I like the story too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shane and yeah the story was great!

      Delete
  3. The book sounds really unique, like i never read anything with a world that author created! Got to check it out! Thanks for a review(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It SO IS!!! U gotta read it Anastasia XD Thanks for dropping by the review, MUCH <333!

      Delete
  4. My friend has this book and I cannot wait for her to read it, so I can steal it. Some of the sci-fi boks I have read have been a little TOO out there and get confusing. Really looking forward to a great Sci- Fi adventure that wont be too disorienting. ;) Great Review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOHOOOO! RIZGHT!?!! Some really are too confusing XP Hope you enjoy this one as much as me :) Thanks for stopping by the review Ryan, MUCH <333!

      Delete
  5. This sounds different and unique and 100% interesting, and I want to read it right now. I love that it is scary, and weird and strange. I love that it is about dreaming and music. I think that I would love this book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe glad your really interested and wanting to to read this too! I love the concept of dreaming and music in this book :D I think you would love this Jaime! Thanks for stopping by, MUCH <333!

      Delete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.