Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday (31): Got out of an asylum only to get into BLYTHEWOOD O_O

So lets start with my Waiting on Wednesday. I love doing this meme every wednesday. "Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted @ Bending the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

THIS WEEKS PICK:

Title: Blythewood
Author: Carol Goodman
Publication Date: October 8th 2013
Publisher: Viking Juvenile
Pages: 496
Summary from Goodreads (here):
Welcome to Blythewood. At seventeen, Avaline Hall has already buried her mother, survived a horrific factory fire, and escaped from an insane asylum.
Now she’s on her way to Blythewood Academy, the elite boarding school in New York’s mist-shrouded Hudson Valley that her mother attended—and was expelled from. Though she’s afraid her high society classmates won’t accept a factory girl in their midst, Ava is desperate to unravel her family’s murky past, discover the identity of the father she’s never known, and perhaps finally understand her mother’s abrupt suicide.
She’s also on the hunt for the identity of the mysterious boy who rescued her from the fire. And she suspects the answers she seeks lie at Blythewood.
But nothing could have prepared her for the dark secret of what Blythewood is, and what its students are being trained to do. Haunted by dreams of a winged boy and pursued by visions of a sinister man who breathes smoke, Ava isn’t sure if she’s losing her mind or getting closer to the truth. And the more rigorously Ava digs into the past, the more dangerous her present becomes.
Vivid and atmospheric, full of mystery and magic, this romantic page-turner by bestselling author Carol Goodman tells the story of a world on the brink of change and the girl who is the catalyst for it all.

WHY I'M WAITING:

Um, u HAD ME AT ASYLUM!! I also like the mysterious element about her trying to find her mom's past & secrets. SINCE HER MOM COMMITTED SUICIDE!!!!! Then.... BLYTHEWOOD! OMG it sounds like an insane place to go, but I really wanna know what they train them for! Then the MYSTERIOUS GUY THAT SAVED HER!!! THEN THERE ARE WINGED GUYS AND FIRE BREATHING MEN?!?!?!?!? Then...then...then...*awesome attack is happening*

Yup it's official, I am in love with insane books! AND this comes out IN OCTOBER O_O...

THAT'S IT!! What do U think?! EXCITED | INTERESTED TOO?
WHAT R U WAITING FOR? LEAVE LINKS IN COMMENTS :D

21 comments:

  1. Haha. Oh Lissy. I'm such a fail. I haven't been to your nerd corner in forever and I've TOTALLY missed you and your happy spazzing. I've never heard of this book but it sounds interesting!!!

    <3333 Inky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yeah i've missed ya on here too!! My spazzing sees no end :P Thanks for stopping by Inky <33333 Ya too!

      Delete
  2. Wow, I've never heard of this book before, but it sounds so interesting! I'm sticking to contemporary nowadays, though.. Nut thanks for sharing! :D
    Hey, check this out! :D
    Review: Losing It
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i've gone into a contemporary binge too but this one caught my eye! Thanks for stopping by!! :D

      Delete
  3. Never heard of this book but it sounds great. Nice pick!

    follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/04/waiting-on-wednesday-44.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah not many readers have, i just found it randomly from penguin a few days ago too :) Thanks for stopping by Shane. HUGS!!

      Delete
  4. Great pick! I can't believe it's almost 500 pages though. That's one fat book :) But I suppose Mara Dyer (an equally insane series, in a good way) is that long but it reads super fast. I'll have to keep my eye on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it does seem long :/ but then again it means more story for me to read :D Haha, Mara Dyer did seem like a fast read to me too! Thanks for stopping by as always Becca!! Much <333

      Delete
  5. This is new one for me! And i think it sounds pretty good but it also sounds busy so I hope it is executed well!! Great pick! Thanks for sharing!

    my WoW @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, i'm hoping that it's done well too because it would REALLY disappoint me if i ended up hating it :( But then again it could be awesome and the the busy-ness could work :) So i'm keeping my hopes up!! Thanks for stopping by Nicole, much bloggy <333!

      Delete
  6. Blythewood sounds so good! Hoping to score an arc from Penguin.

    Jennifer
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D hope you get it Jennifer! I requested an ARC from them too. So, FINGERS CROSSED! Thanks for always coming by <3!

      Delete
  7. Haha I love the gifs you used XD But you're right, I wanted this one as soon as I read 'asylum'. Quite a load this girl has had to deal with o.O I'm totally intrigued with the mystery aspect. And I'm a sucker for boarding schools ;) Thanks so much for bringing this one to my attention!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY GIF LOVE! Yeah she's got a crazy life and who doesn't want to read a book with a slightly insane girl!?! OMG I'm a boarding school fan too!!! Thanks for stopping by Carmen <3!!!!

      Delete
  8. This book sounds super interesting. I'm not usually a huge fan of "asylum" books, but this one has peaked my interest.

    Great pick!

    Allison @ Abibliophobic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it peaked ur interest Allison!! Thanks for stopping by!! :D

      Delete
  9. This is the first time I've heard of this book, sounds interesting! Asylum, I like it.

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT?! Asylum books always seem interesting to me too :) Thanks for commenting & stopping by Mel! :D

      Delete
  10. wow that sounds really good. I'm definitely going to add it to my TBR list. Thanks for sharing

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you added it to your TBR list because it so sounds good!! :) Thanks for stopping by Jess. Much <3

      Delete
  11. Holy crap yes. I found this one on Goodreads because of Blythe (LOL) and I need to read it! It sounds amazing! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.