Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Author interview with T.M Goeglein author of the Cold Fury Series [with many GIFS!]

OMG! You guys today I had the awesometastic pleasure of interviewing one of my favorite authors! T.M. Goeglein. His Cold Fury series captivated & hooked me last year. Ever since then I have been in love with the characters and the story. [Review here, ya know if ya wanna know WHY I LOVE this series] A bit about the book [for those who haven't read or don't know wat these awesome books are about] Click the pictures to read the summaries :)
Now onto thy fun & interesting interview we go...

1. Where did Sara Jane's story come from?
The Outfit, Chicago’s crime organization, is woven into the fabric of the city. When I’ve travelled overseas and told people where I’m from, they still point fingers like guns and say ‘Al Capone.

The Outfit has survived from Capone way back in the 1930’s until now mainly because of its brutality toward its own members; they’re kept in line, prevented from informing on each other, through violence. Because it’s such a secretive, male-centric organization I thought it would be cool to see what happened when a young woman was forced to become part of it.

2. What did you feel when you saw that Penguin had remade the covers for the book mid-series?
It was a smart decision. As the trilogy proceeds, it grows darker and burrows deeper into the city. The new covers reflect the story in a sharper and more accurate way.

3. Is there a song you listen to on repeat when you're writing?
I always like a little Frank Sinatra, and right now I’m into Grizzly Bear and Chance the Rapper. Frank Ocean is really good and so is Fiona Apple. But really, I listen to a lot of everything, as long as it evokes a usable feeling.

4. Is it easy writing in a girl’s point of view?
Yeah, since I’ve always regarded women as human beings first. When people are threatened, they run or fight. If they’re angry, they either get over it or plot revenge, and if they’re in love, they either make a move or chicken out. Emotion is genderless.

5. In the book, Sara Jane is a movie lover, are you? And if yes, then what is your #1 favorite movie?
I’m a crazed movie fan and have been forever. There are thousands of masterpieces, but if I were being exiled on Mars, I’d take The Godfather, parts I and II. Pretend that III never happened.
Epic/fun mini-questions:
*COKE or PEPSI?
Neither? I’m not into soft drinks, but will admit to a former childhood addiction to the worst of them all…Mountain Dew. It’s no coincidence that stuff is the same color as nitroglycerin.
*Favorite Ice cream?
That’s impossible to answer. It’s the perfect food, so there’s really no such thing as bad ice cream, is there? Maybe something meat flavored? Although bacon ice cream sounds pretty good.
*worst fear?
Being asked my favorite ice cream. Thanks for that.

*favorite color?
Orange. It feels active and tropical…although, you have to be very careful about how you wear it. Orange clothing is for special occasions and clowns only.
*would you rather get chased by ice cream monsters OR get trapped in an underground speakeasy?
Where the hell did that one come from? Oh, wait…Flicker & Burn! Um…as the guy who wrote each of those freaky scenarios, I’d have to say underground speakeasy. I prefer to keep my brain safely inside of my skull.


IF YOUR STILL WITH US, U MUST MUST WATCH THIS VIDEO!!

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:


T.M. Goeglein began his career as a writer of print and television ads for a host of advertising and media companies. As a screenwriter, he created both original scripts and worked as a script doctor for several production companies in Los Angeles. He was an original contributor to the Huffington Post 'Living' section, and continues to write for both the national edition and Huffington Post Chicago. Read T.M. Goeglein's stories on the Huffington Post.
His debut young adult novel, COLD FURY, will be published by Penguin/Putnam in 2012 and is the first in a trilogy; he’s currently working on the second book. He lives in Chicago with his wife, Laura, and two young children.
Find and Follow him on: Twitter|Facebook| Blog | Goodreads|Website

THAT'S IT!! What do U think? LIKE IT? HAVE YOU READ COLD FURY? COMMENT :D

6 comments:

  1. I saw Cold Fury in my school library and was sorta contemplating whether I should read it... Haha worst fear is being asked what his favourite ice-cream is xD I love the GIFs! Loki looks freaky :O
    Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't contemplate JUST READ IT! Believe me it was AWESOME! And LOL, I didn't know till the interview that was his fear }:) Me is a GIF junkie and he does doesn't he!?! Thanks for stopping by Emily Much bloggy <333!

      Delete
  2. Hahahahah. I <3 this interview to pieces! (Why does pieces never look right? o.O) Anywho, awesome post, Lisseth! I really need to read this series. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D :D :D YAY! Right?! Pieces is a very weird word :P YOU MUST READ this series ASAP!! Thanks for checking it out & commenting Megan!! Much <3333!

      Delete
  3. That was a GREAT interview! Probably one of the best I've read in a long time :D I loved the last question about the ice cream monsters. His books seem as cool as him! Also, the Loki gif *claps* my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you thought it was a great interview Becca!! I wanted to make it as fun and interesting for all :) And yes them ice cream monsters were a MUST in the interview since there in the 2nd book :O And YAY for awesome gifs, Loki just had to make an appearance :p Thanks for dropping by and commenting Becca! MUCH <3333!

      Delete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.