Wednesday, May 22, 2013

BLOG TOUR: Girls Love Travis Walker by Anne Pfeffer [REVIEW]

Publication Date: March 15th 2013
Genre: New Adult Contemporary
Pages: 323
source: author for tour
Summary from Goodreads (here):
To nineteen-year-old high school dropout Travis Walker, women are like snowflakes--each one different, but beautiful in her own way.
He can charm any girl he meets, and yet down deep he fears he'll always be a loser like his jailbird father. As the landlady threatens to evict him and his sick mother, Travis takes a job he hates and spends his evenings picking up girls at a nearby night spot.
When he enlists in a teen program at the local fire station, he finds out he’s amazing at it. Then he meets the smoking hot Kat Summers, enlists Kat’s friend Zoey to help him woo her, and falls in love for the first time ever.
But he keeps the details of his life secret. His girl will never love him back if she knows the truth about him….
Last year I read ANY OTHER NIGHT by Anne Pfeffer & LOVED IT! It was such an interesting & emotional book. SO when I heard that she had another book coming out, i jumped on the chance to review it. I read the synopsis and was intrigued by Travis Walker. I had no idea what i was getting myself into because WOAH. This book surpassed my expectations :)
I think what i liked most from this story WAS Travis. He was such an intriguing character from the start. There was this side to him that made me not dislike him for being a player. He came from a really hard life and had to drop-out to make a living for him and his mom, which to me was really admirable. I really felt for him and I could connect & see the person he really was. There was this one scene that I loved at the start. Where he's going home and see's this car accident. He immediately goes and takes charge of the situation, and that's where he meets the firefighter's. He sees what they do to save people's lives and he's like a 4 yr old kid again, he's awestruck. And that scene really showed me there was MORE to Travis than what I had thought.
OMG, the romance! I won't say much but it was so sweet and tender! And I think Zoey was just the right girl for Travis. One of the things that Anne Pfeffer does in her books so well is that she can pull at your heartstrings. That ending, gah it made me want to throw my kindle at the wall. It wrecked me emotionally but made the story more real for me. Another thing I liked that this book wasn't just about the romance but about second chances and learning to believe & dream.
OVERALL: This was a suprising book! I was expecting a fun-light read and got a book filled with emotions, hope, and love. The characters were intriguing and lovable. I can't wait for what Anne has for me next but I know i'll enjoy it just as much as this one :)
Get your copy here:
Amazon Paperback | Kindle ($0.99!!) GET IT NOW :)

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:


Anne Pfeffer lives in Los Angeles, CA near a large rotating neon chicken head with her daughter and her dachshund, Taco.
She is also the author of Any Other Night and The Wedding Cake Girl.
Find and Follow her on: Twitter|Facebook|Goodreads|Website


THAT'S IT!! What do U think? LIKE IT? HAVE YOU READ IT? LEAVE A COMMENT :D

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this book before! Thanks for sharing what it is about and glad you loved it so much. ^^ I am intrigued at the sound of the emotional aspect of the book and also the tad bit of romance in there. ;D

    Thanks for an awesome review! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Yeah most indie books are rarely heard on the blogosphere BUT this one was REALLY GOOD! And yes romance + emotions = AWESOME :D Thanks for stopping by and commenting Delaney! Much <333!

      Delete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.