Saturday, May 18, 2013

COVERS BATTLE IT OUT [4]: The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider

Hello & welcome back to...COVER BATTLES! Yes, I know this isn't new since many bloggers do these types of posts BUT i really wanna hear YOUR thoughts on these cover changes! So I'll just put the two covers up, choose my pick and THEN U CAN VOTE! So at the end there will be a poll. Now this weeks battle is...
THE BEGINNING OF EVERYTHING [SEVERED HEADS,BROKEN HEARTS] by Robyn Schneider

1st take VS. 2nd take?
MY CHOICE:
HONESTLY I am frustrated. I wasn't a fan of the 1st take but as you all remember the cover reveal was SUPER HYPED UP. And after a while i grew to love it's simplistic beauty and symbolism. Then I find out there is a re-design. No. WAY. I am going to pick 1st TAKE because the 2nd take is too yellow & THEY CHANGED THE NAME >_< ARG! *I am in pirate mode* Ye must not change ye name lad, it will only confuse them other pirates! AND then there is the UK COVER...
Why can't they ALL have the same name and sorta-same design. This kinda things only confuse readers like me :( Sorry if I ranted a bit but those are my feels :P
THAT'S ME. NOW YOUR TURN! VOTE BELOW AND/OR COMMENT!!


LAST WEEK'S WINNER:
As you can see last week's battle was between US HARDCOVER vs. UK PAPERBACK for ALL OUR YESTERDAYS! You voted and COMMENTED [<3 the comments you left!] And the winner is...*drum roll* the UK PAPERBACK! YAY! And I know we'll have another cover battle when the REAL US cover is revealed ;)

10 comments:

  1. Totally agree! It's so perplexing :O But I think the 1st Edition's simplicity, as you said, is beautiful! But it's really odd that they keep changing the names .__.
    <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! And you got me the simplicity was nice :) I have no odes why they changed it but yes we readers are perplexed :p thanks for dropping by Emily!! Much bloggy <33333 back :D

      Delete
  2. Gah. This is so frustrating! I like Take 2 alright, but then I LURVE the UK, and the new one? It's kind of ugly. o.O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yeah FRUSTRATING and confusing for readers! And yeah the UK has a certain charm about it PLUS it kinda goes with the 1st take of the book. *sigh* I think it's the yellow & the Dr.Seuss feel to the new cover, that cover wouldn't really convince me to read it :P Thanks for dropping by Megan, Much bloggy <3333! :D

      Delete
  3. I'm actually about to finish reading this book and when I found out they changed the cover AND name i was like WTF DUDE! I wish they would keep the first one or at least the UK version (I like that one).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said, ARG! That really upset me a lot, especially since the early reviewers reviews aren't EVEN ON goodreads anymore! And yes! They SHOULD have kept some consistency in the covers, that is true :) Thanks for commenting Jess much <3!

      Delete
  4. I'm actually in the minority because I prefer the second take. The second book is one I would pick up but the first I wouldn't.. guess the title is a bit too gory for my liking.

    great post!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yeah the title for book 1 is a bit gory but i think it was going for an edgy contemporary feel. I'm glad to have someone who's in the minority about book 2, makes these things interesting :D Thanks for commenting Juhina!! Much bloggy <333!

      Delete
  5. I prefer the first take. I think the title is way more catchy and something I would remember. The other title is blah in comparison, and with a title like The Beginning of Everything, the cover could have been EPIC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT?! That's what i thought with cover #1, the title was DEF catching :) Yeah, they really could have gone all out and made it an EPIC cover for take #2 *sigh* oh well :/ Thanks for commenting Becca!!! Much <3 as always!! :D

      Delete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.