Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday [32] : Secrets in The Cutting Room Floor CAN be deadly! O_O

So lets start with my Waiting on Wednesday. I love doing this meme every wednesday. "Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted @ Bending the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

THIS WEEKS PICK:

Title: The Cutting Room Floor
Author: Dawn Klehr
Publication Date: October 8th 2013
Publisher: Flux
Pages: 336
Summary from Goodreads (here):
Behind-the-scenes secrets could turn deadly for Desmond and Riley
Life in the Heights has never been easy for seventeen-year-old Riley Frost, but when she's publicly dumped and outed at the same time, she becomes an immediate social outcast at her high school. So Riley swears off romance and throws herself into solving the shocking murder of her favorite teacher, Ms. Dunn.
Riley turns to her best friend, budding filmmaker Desmond Brandt, for help. What she doesn't know is that Dez has been secretly directing her life, blackmailing her friends, and hoping his manipulations will make her love him.
When his schemes go too far, Dez's web of lies threatens to destroy both of their lives.

WHY I'M WAITING:

Normally I don't read or LIKE many mystery books, BUT i recently just finished THE S-WORD and I LOVED IT! So Mysteries have come back on my radar :D After reading this synopsis nothing out of the blues popped off UNTIL I read that HER BEST FRIEND WAS ISOLATING HER O_O AND MANIPULATING HER LIFE!!!!! *Me jaw drops*
Yup this book sounds creepy and dangerous! PLUS I LOVE that cover :D BUT the WAITING, gah!!! Until OCTOBER I will be like this:

THAT'S IT!! What do U think?! EXCITED | INTERESTED TOO?
WHAT R U WAITING FOR? LEAVE LINKS IN COMMENTS :D

7 comments:

  1. This book sounds ridiculously creepy!! WOAH. Awesome pick, Lizzy!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does doesn't it!!! Thanks for dropping by & commenting Megan :D <3333

      Delete
  2. I'm usually not into mysteries either BUT I love the addition of the "film" aspect. Very original. And I'm partial to most Flux books. They usually publish ones I like. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the film aspect does sound interesting. I'm partial to Flux books too! Thanks for stopping by Becca!! Much <333

      Delete
  3. This looks so cool! I actually never heard it before, but it's now going on my TBR list. oooh, and that cover. So much love <3 great pick, Lisseth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you discovered another book Krista! That cover IS GORGEOUS!!! Thanks for dropping by and commenting :D <3333

      Delete
  4. lol I love your reaction to the cover, it totally mirrors my own ;) I love how the cover is different and still pretty, can't wait for this one, great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.