Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday [34]: The ELITES don't bleed.


So lets start with my Waiting on Wednesday. I love doing this meme every wednesday. "Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted @ Bending the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

THIS WEEKS PICK:

Title: The Elites
Author: Natasha Ngan
Publication Date: September 5th 2013
Published by: Hot Key Books
Summary from Goodreads (here):
'There is a rumour that the Elites don't bleed.'
Hundreds of years into the future, wars, riots, resource crises and rising sea-levels have destroyed the old civilisations. Only one city has survived: Neo-Babel, a city full of cultures - and racial tension. Fifteen-year-old Silver is an Elite, a citizen of Neo-Babel chosen to guard the city due to her superior DNA.
She'd never dream of leaving - but then she fails to prevent the assassination of Neo Babel's president, setting off a chain of events more shocking and devastating than she could ever have imagined. Forced to flee the city with her best friend Butterfly (a boy with genetically-enhanced wings), Silver will have to fight to find her family, uncover the truth about Neo-Babel and come to terms with her complicated feelings for Butterfly.
Packed full of adventure, romance, exoticism and the power of friendship, THE ELITES is a highly compelling and beautifully written novel from a supremely talented debut author.

WHY I'M WAITING:

AH, U had me at BUTTERFLY! I SO want to meet him and Silver who seems like a badass girl! It's like Poison because of the assassination thing but then it's not fantasy but post-apocalyptic *i guess* I FREAKING LOVE that cover TO DEATH!! Until I can read this I will be floating around as a fire butterfly :P *SEE YA AROUND*

THAT'S IT!! EXCITED-INTERESTING? WHAT R U WAITING FOR? LEAVE LINKS IN COMMENTS :D

22 comments:

  1. Oh, I hadn't heard of this book, but I love that cover! It sounds so good, great pick! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's not very popular but that cover is to die for right?! Thanks for stopping by Erica, much <3!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love your design! It's so neat and pretty. I just recently heard about this book coming out, and after reading the synopsis, I know I'm definitely going to buy it as soon as it releases. :D

    Here's my #WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, THANKS! And I'm going to buy it ASAP as it comes out! Thanks for stopping by Daphne, much <3!

      Delete
  3. I'm in love with the gifs u found - oh, and the book lol. I hadn't heard of this one, thanks!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, i have to than tumblr for the epic gifs ^_^ No problem, the book is under-hyped but a DEFINITE TO READ :D Thanks for stopping by Gretchen, MUCH <33!

      Delete
  4. Yes! This one looks awesome! I was sold by the cover, but the blurb sealed the deal. Love the gifs :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D YAY! Right, GORGEOUS cover but the book itself is EPIC! Yeah the gifs are the best part of my WoWs ;) Thanks for stopping by Becca, MUCH BLOGGY <3 & HUGS!!

      Delete
  5. I chose The Elites this week as well! It looks amazing... and a guy called Butterfly - eeep!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! COOL :D And RIGHT?! That is a kickbutt name & totally works for the book! I LOVE IT :D Thanks for stopping by Jade. MUCH <3!

      Delete
  6. This does sound really good and that cover is bad-ass. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT SO DOES!!And yeah that cover is BAD to the ASS! Thanks for stopping by Natalie, MUCH <33!

      Delete
  7. OMG this looks awesome, Lizzy! I'm interested in this one too! :D Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. COOL!! This one is definitely interesting :D Thanks for stopping by Megan MUCH BLOGGY <33 & HUGS!!

      Delete
  8. Um yes, I'm definitely interested in this one. Nice choice!

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Glad to hear ur interested too Sandy!! Thanks for stopping by & MUCH BLOGGY <33!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. YAY! Glad to hear that Carrie :D Thanks for stopping by MUCH <3!

      Delete
  10. This sounds super cool! Thanks so much for sharing. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does right?! Thanks for stopping by Krystianna, MUCH BLOGGY <3!

      Delete
  11. That looks super cool! "Hey Butterfly" "Hi Silver" Hahahaha xD
    Totally adding this one to my TBR list too :)

    BTW, love the new design! It's super pretty! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!! LOL, now that's a conversation starter :D *wish i was named Butterfly, so i could fly away* XD and YAY THE TBR PILE MONSTER IS BEING FEED X_X And thanks , I was in dire need of a change in design. Thanks for stopping by Emily, MUCH BLOGGY <3 & HUGE HUGS!!!

      Delete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.